Louisville City 1 Swope Park Rangers 0 (USL Cup Final)

swamprat

I can barely talk. That was unreal.

88th minute header by the substitute forward, Cameron Lancaster, a guy who's been with the team since year one.

Then that referee made us endure 7:45 of stoppage time before he finally blew the whistle.

Amazing night. Amazing season.

Louisville had a lot to do with that extra time extending out as it did. There was originally supposed to be 5 minutes of stoppage time. McCabe's "injury" in the 90th minute added 1 minute (I think it was McCabe. I couldn't see a number with him rolling around on the ground.), Kaye grabbing the ball and rolling around with it to eat time added more, the red card issued to the bench player added yet more.

The foul at the end could have cost LC, in a major way. The ref was going to allow SPR to execute the free kick before he was going to call the game. Swope Park took their sweet time and that added a good 20 or 30 seconds.

Louisville had a lot to do with that extra time extending out as it did. There was originally supposed to be 5 minutes of stoppage time. McCabe's "injury" in the 90th minute added 1 minute (I think it was McCabe. I couldn't see a number with him rolling around on the ground.), Kaye grabbing the ball and rolling around with it to eat time added more, the red card issued to the bench player added yet more.

The foul at the end could have cost LC, in a major way. The ref was going to allow SPR to execute the free kick before he was going to call the game. Swope Park took their sweet time and that added a good 20 or 30 seconds.

McCabe wasn't on the field but I think it was him that grabbed hold of the ball and rolled it away from the field and got tossed out of the game from the bench in extra time.

After the goal the tide definitely turned on the time wasting as SPR had a player going down roughly every three minutes when they were trying to push the game to extra time. I think between the 70th and 80th minutes there might have been four actual minutes of soccer played. It's endemic in knockout play in soccer. So it goes.