Murray/Sacred Heart Scrimmage

Murray scrimmaged Sacred Heart today at SHA. After watching Murray play, Murray's talented squad should win most of the games they play this year and contend for a State title.

The trio of Mayes, Turley, and Burpo are the heart of this team. Macy Turley runs the team very well. Burpo and Mayes were the leading scorers in this game with 13 points a piece and Turley chipping in with 12.

A nice write up on Murray to learn they got throttled. LOL!!!! Murray will be tough as well as SHA.

As everyone knows scores in scrimmages don't mean much. This game was played where the score at each quarter started 0-0.

1st Murray 12 SHA 10

2nd Murray 9 SHA 13

3rd Murray 10 SHA 12

4th Murray 10 SHA 26

SHA is very very deep and wore down Murray by the 4th quarter. Burpo and Turley probably played over 30 minutes. SHA didn't have anyone play 30 minute, so it was close until 4th qtr.

They did play a 5th quarter, but most of the main players didn't play for either side.

Berger was the leading scorer with 12 for SHA. Samsel had 11 with many others scoring for SHA. One of SHA's best players Erin Toller didn't play in this game because she is recovering from a minor injury. Should be back soon.

As everyone knows scores in scrimmages don't mean much. This game was played where the score at each quarter started 0-0.

1st Murray 12 SHA 10

2nd Murray 9 SHA 13

3rd Murray 10 SHA 12

4th Murray 10 SHA 26

SHA is very very deep and wore down Murray by the 4th quarter. Burpo and Turley probably played over 30 minutes. SHA didn't have anyone play 30 minute, so it was close until 4th qtr.

They did play a 5th quarter, but most of the main players didn't play for either side.

Berger was the leading scorer with 12 for SHA. Samsel had 11 with many others scoring for SHA. One of SHA's best players Erin Toller didn't play in this game because she is recovering from a minor injury. Should be back soon.

Don't think those scores add up to 91-72!!!

There were actually 6 quarters of game action...

Q5 Murray 12 SHA 14

Q6 Murray 19 SHA 16

Thanks for correcting me. I left after a few minutes into the 5th qtr. Many of the bench players and some role players played in the 5th qtr. I doubt if any of the seniors played in the 5th and 6th quarters.

I was impressed with both teams. Murray will be a tough out at the end of the year.