#2 Boyle County vs. #7 Lexington Catholic (3A Quarterfinals)

charlesw88

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Lexington Catholic

Boyle County(11-1) comes off yet another dominating performance over Western Hills(8-4) winning 62-14. The Rebels utilized the ground game early and capitalized off of Western Hills mistakes to make it a running clock midway through the second quarterback.

Lexington Catholic(7-5) found themselves down 16-14 at the half against Garrard County(4-8). However, the game ended up being a tale of two halves. Lexington Catholic scored 28 points in roughly 3 minutes to pull away from the Golden Lions. Garrard County couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half and Lexington Catholic won 56-16.

Lexington Catholic traveled to Boyle County on October 13th to which the Rebels won 48-17. The Rebels struggled in the earlier game early on against Lexington Catholic before pulling away in the 2nd half.

Who wins the rematch? Why?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boyle will win again, however I was at the first game and the Lexington Catholic offensive line gave their quarterback all day to throw during the entire game. I would like to see Boyle do a better job of getting to their quarterback - maybe not get the sack but at least put some pressure on him. But Boyle always seems to get the win and that is what counts.

Last night against Western Hills Boyle was able to pressure the QB with some success even with a 3 man front most of the time. The problem I saw was the receivers getting behind our D-backs by a step or two on several plays. If the QB had one more beat before he got ride of the ball there could have been 5 or 6 big plays. And on 2 or 3 of those he had time, just thought he was running out of time and hurried the throw I think.

LexCath will hit those plays more often than not so pass rush and coverage will both have to be better.

I think this game will be much closer than the first meeting. Home field will be a big benefit for the Rebels and might be the difference in the game. Boyle will need to clean up some unnecessary penalties and hope we don't get the same officiating crew that was here the first meeting.

I think Boyle will win again, however I was at the first game and the Lexington Catholic offensive line gave their quarterback all day to throw during the entire game. I would like to see Boyle do a better job of getting to their quarterback - maybe not get the sack but at least put some pressure on him. But Boyle always seems to get the win and that is what counts.

Boyle only rushed 3 and Catholic had 5 blocking that was a big part of no pressure on the QB Boyle was dropping extra players back in coverage.

Again, try not to fall asleep Boyle fans before you get to Lexington. LexCath is WAY down and you won't break a sweat.

I get you can’t help yourself but it’s not like Danville has a tough road tho the finals. Somerset has had no offense all year and had a loss to Bourbon County. LCA May be without their starting QB that gave the Ads their only problems in the first meeting pause their Defense has been suspect all year.

That said, I am rooting for both teams to take the crowns.

Rooting to have a true "Title Town" again as well. I'm hopeful you can travel over to see your Rebels.

I'm just calling it like I see it, Hatz. It's not Boyle's fault their opponents are just not good. It just is what it is, sir. Hell, take advantage of it and get to Lexington.

LCA will give Danville all they want. Feel terrible for their starting QB. Seems like a great kid with a bright future.

Agree the Danville/LCA winner should have a relatively easy semifinal game. No argument there. VERY surprised both NewCath and Lloyd Memorial lost.

I get you can’t help yourself but it’s not like Danville has a tough road tho the finals. Somerset has had no offense all year and had a loss to Bourbon County. LCA May be without their starting QB that gave the Ads their only problems in the first meeting pause their Defense has been suspect all year.

Hatz, I added him to my ignore list so I don't have to be agitated by his post he makes a grand total of one on it. I can tolerate most people but not him.

Rooting to have a true "Title Town" again as well. I'm hopeful you can travel over to see your Rebels.

I'm just calling it like I see it, Hatz. It's not Boyle's fault their opponents are just not good. It just is what it is, sir. Hell, take advantage of it and get to Lexington.

LCA will give Danville all they want. Feel terrible for their starting QB. Seems like a great kid with a bright future.

Agree the Danville/LCA winner should have a relatively easy semifinal game. No argument there. VERY surprised both NewCath and Lloyd Memorial lost.

Toying with the idea of coming in on a whirlwind if they make the Finals.

I just think this game is going to be closer than most people think. Lex Cath has a good offense and can put some points up in bunches. I do think Boyle will score more than their defense will give up but hey it's Catholic nothing ever comes easy with them. I don't care how down they are, they will come out slinging Friday night.

I'll take a 1 point win right now. Just get the W and advance!