Franklin-Simpson 62 Madisonville-North Hopkins 6

I did not expect a running clock game, much less by halftime. By looking at the stats it seemed like Madisonville was too run-heavy to beat FS but I thought they would be able to move the ball some. One of their top running backs didn't play and the other one got hurt early in the game, but with the way the FS defense dominated it wouldn't have made much difference. Madisonville special teams were a mess. Onside kicks every time which FS recovered. FS blocked a punt for a TD and another Madisonville punt was a line drive to a defensive lineman who almost returned it for a TD.

FS is rolling right now, peaking at the right time. Their early losses have people fooled into thinking they are not that good, but the improvement since the start of the year,especially on defense, has been outstanding.

When you lose a 1000 yd rusher (ACL)3 weeks prior, your starting quarterback is sitting on the sidelines due to missing 2 days of practice for concussion protocol, then your top back goes down in the first offensive series with a knee injury... you could feel and see the air quickly seeping out of this balloon. Not taking anything away from Franklin Simpson they have one heck of a defense. Mean and nasty.

When you lose a 1000 yd rusher (ACL)3 weeks prior, your starting quarterback is sitting on the sidelines due to missing 2 days of practice for concussion protocol, then your top back goes down in the first offensive series with a knee injury... you could feel and see the air quickly seeping out of this balloon. Not taking anything away from Franklin Simpson they have one heck of a defense. Mean and nasty.

I didn't realize the starting QB was out. Definitely makes a difference.