Glasgow 27 Newport Central Catholic 20

Jumper_Dad

Congratulations to Glasgow on advancing. Was hoping for a Breds win but figured they would be challenged with how the season has been. Not sure on when the last time was that the Breds hasn’t been in the quarterfinals, want to say in the later 90’s.

1999 I believe.

Great game by two teams that gave it everything they had. Wish Kyle Kelly wouldn't have twisted the ankle early in the 4th because it really limited NCC's options. Even with that, they still put together a nice final drive with under a minute left and had a chance to possibly tie or win on the last play.

I don't know all the particulars, but after the game one of NCC's busses wouldn't start and after trying unsuccessfully for a while to get it started, they wound up using a Glasgow school bus to get those kids all the way back to Newport. Does anyone have any more info on this? Wanted to throw out a huge thanks to whoever made that happen from Glasgow. That's an 8 hour round trip so someone stepped up big time to get those kids home.

I believe if Kelly doesn't get hurt NCC comes out with at win.

I am not taking anything away from Glasgow because they did what they had to, to get the win but without Kelly who was running the ball very well ultimately decided the game. Keep in mind Kelly plays both sides of the ball.