Christian Academy-Louisville 28 Walton-Verona 0

Jumper_Dad

Did Walton Verona have starting players that didn't play as was discussed prior to the game?

It is my understanding Walton did have all their starting players.

I am told there was an incident, everyone involved was interviewed by the Principal, some players told the truth and were suspended, some players lied and there was no punishment, one of the suspended players had some major juice with the School Board, someone "powerful at Walton" told the school they were hiring an attorney and going to court immediately to get an injunction, the Walton-Verona school system folded, and everyone got to play.

It is my understanding Walton did have all their starting players.

I am told there was an incident, everyone involved was interviewed by the Principal, some players told the truth and were suspended, some players lied and there was no punishment, one of the suspended players had some major juice with the School Board, someone "powerful at Walton" told the school they were hiring an attorney and going to court immediately to get an injunction, the Walton-Verona school system folded, and everyone got to play.

I have no dog in this fight.

But that is pathetic.

The players didn't help WV any. Haven't seen any of those posters that all but guaranteed it would be a dogfight, and much closer game. I tried to tell them, WV might be getting better, but they aren't ready to compete with the big boys of 2A just yet.

The players didn't help WV any. Haven't seen any of those posters that all but guaranteed it would be a dogfight, and much closer game. I tried to tell them, WV might be getting better, but they aren't ready to compete with the big boys of 2A just yet.

CAL had a great team, but the game was far from a whitewash. 7-0 with 6 minutes left in the half. Walton player grazed a kickoff that went out of bounds at the 1 yd line. Instead of 1st & 10 at the 35, pinned under the shadow of the goal line. An interception a few plays later set up a short field for 14-0 halftime score.

It looked like CAL's size & strength took its toll in the 2nd half. Walton's best shot at a score was gobbled away late by the turf monster.

I'm not privy to the events leading up to the game. It looked like Walton was at full strength, and their full strength wasn't good enough. The Bearcats need to keep building, the first decade is in the books.

They did have a lot of kids on the team. We were all joking about their sidelines. They had heaters blowing, a kickers net, and long jackets for the kids. It looked like a college team. We looked over at our sidelines and we had two fire pits burning. LOL.

CAL was a very well coached team with some amazing athletes. #33 was impressive especially the fact that he is a freshman.

The game was very competitive the first half and then fatigue set in. Walton did not have the depth to compete for 60 minutes with so many players that went both ways. Im sure CAL had many guys going both ways but I noticed my son who only sat out 4 plays the first half was exhausted.

Walton will lose some Seniors this year but has a great bunch of underclassman that should do well next year. My son and a few of his friends are on to wrestling.

Good luck to CAL and the rest of the teams still making a run at a state title.