Are the KHSAA football playoffs...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many classes and too many teams from each class get in the playoffs.

I don't know if "broken" is the right word but I would like to see the KHSAA dictate a little more to the member schools instead of giving the schools whatever they want with football classification/playoffs.

Where is the Board of Control when you need them!?

There are too many classes and too many teams from each class get in the playoffs.

I don't know if "broken" is the right word but I would like to see the KHSAA dictate a little more to the member schools instead of giving the schools whatever they want with football classification/playoffs.

Where is the Board of Control when you need them!?

I agree, but if we all remember correctly, the schools did not want this. They put a ballot out with three options, the other two options garnered the majority of the vote, but due to there being three options, this format won by splitting the vote.

I agree, but if we all remember correctly, the schools did not want this. They put a ballot out with three options, the other two options garnered the majority of the vote, but due to there being three options, this format won by splitting the vote.

All I can say is I have heard from powers that be that the member schools like lots of classes and lots teams in the playoffs.

All I can say is I have heard form powers that be that the member schools like lots of classes and lots teams in the playoffs.

The majority voted for Option 1 - two teams from each district making the playoffs and Option 2 - three teams from each district make the playoffs. Put due to three options, Option 3 - four teams making the playoffs won.

I think what they mean, the majority of schools in 6A like it this way.

They should, every other sport everyone gets in, why should football be different.

Have you talked the four seed players? I know for a fact they don't like it, they say it every chance they get, but the adults don't listen.

The majority voted for Option 1 - two teams from each district making the playoffs and Option 2 - three teams from each district make the playoffs. Put due to three options, Option 3 - four teams making the playoffs won.

I think what they mean, the majority of schools in 6A like it this way.

I don't know enough about the process but I would say a three option vote is always dangerous.

At the same time I don't hear of any push for a change. Anyone?

I don't know enough about the process but I would say a three option vote is always dangerous.

Exactly. You will never get a complete conscience with three options, the first and second option will always split leaving you with an inferior system.