NKY Middle School Basketball 2017/2018

Brcatz

Starting this new Thread for the upcoming season 2017/2018 NKY Middle School Basketball Boys and Girls. Post any updates, scores, news etc...

So whats New this year, any coaching changes, players making Freshman or JV teams etc...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodland's 8th grade is a different mix this year. Four of Woodland's 8th grade starters moved up to Scott freshmen team. What other schools allow 8th boys to move up?

Welcome to BGP!

A lot of schools will allow a player to move up if he is good enough to compete at the next level and contribute to the team or for his development. Some schools only allow it if numbers are bad. That's mostly in small schools or schools where parents pay tuition.

Camp Ernst 7th and 8th is very good and will be coached very well!! Both teams will be frightening for 1 seeds in their grade-

Holmes 7th - Not sure if roster is same or not but they struggled last year to compete with upper half teams!! i have also heard their top point guard maybe playing 8th or 9th that would be another blow for them!

I don’t know what either team had coming in at 6th grade-

Boys NKMSAA Tournament Locations

Saturday 2-3-18 NKMSAA Tournament: 6th Grade @ Woodland, 7th Grade @ Grant County, 8th Grade @ Summit View

Tuesday 2-6-18 NKMSAA Tournament: 6th Grade @ Woodland, 7th Grade @ Grant County, 8th Grade @ Summit View

Thursday 2-8-18 NKMSAA Tournament: 6th Grade @ Woodland, 7th Grade @ Grant County, 8th Grade @ Summit View

Saturday 2-10-18 Finals at Ockerman Middle School

Girls NKMSAA Tournament Locations

Saturday 2-3-18 NKMSAA Tournament, 6th Grade @ Turkey Foot, 7th Grade @ Camp Ernst, 8th Grade @ Conner

Tuesday 2-6-18 NKMSAA Tournament, 6th Grade @ Turkey Foot, 7th Grade @ Camp Ernst, 8th Grade @ Conner

Thursday 2-8-18 NKMSAA Tournament, 6th Grade @ Turkey Foot, 7th Grade @ Camp Ernst, 8th Grade @ Conner

Saturday 2-10-18 Finals at Ockerman Middle School

Pius and St. Paul play tomorrow at SHDHS, should be a great game. Then, with a slight tweak both ways, they play again on Monday night at SOAS with Eddie Tranter (I believe) coaching the Pius boys. These two teams have several close buddies, the games are always really good.

If these are 7th grade then these are two different teams. No one from the Pius 7th grade team plays on Tranter’s team. His team is from Pius but not a Pius team.

If these are 7th grade then these are two different teams. No one from the Pius 7th grade team plays on Tranter’s team. His team is from Pius but not a Pius team.

I was told last night that most of the Pius team is in tact, with the exception of a couple of kids, but those kids are playing with most of the Pius kids on Eddie's other team. Who knows...I'll be able to tell you after Monday night.