Referees Used In The Playoffs

THS2011

What are everyone's opinions on using out of district refs for the playoffs? Personally I find more bad calls/no calls during the playoffs. This could be due to the level of play these refs are being asked to officiate or many other factors. Thoughts?

What are everyone's opinions on using out of district refs for the playoffs? Personally I find more bad calls/no calls during the playoffs. This could be due to the level of play these refs are being asked to officiate or many other factors. Thoughts?

I like the having out of district referees in the playoffs because home cooking is not involved. Many district games are decided that way. I hate to say it but it's true and I'm not sure it's different around the state or not. But I also like the officials to not be from an area where a potential future opponent will be from that they could have ties too. From my experience watching games it was only no calls instead of calls in the playoffs where things where let go. Yes they were probably a few calls that were questionable but most are no calls.

I have had mixed opinions. Unfortunately, sometimes you get refs that have never seen the speed and size that maybe two Louisville teams or Lexington teams have and it makes for a poorly called game.
I echo this sentiment! My favorite team likes to get to the line of scrimmage and go. You get some officials who are in no hurry and take their sweet time blowing the whistle for "ready to play".

I echo this sentiment! My favorite team likes to get to the line of scrimmage and go. You get some officials who are in no hurry and take their sweet time blowing the whistle for "ready to play".

Also, the refs seem to have a different interpretation on what constitutes holding when the WR's are trying to block.

Did this for about 20 years, and now notice in certain games that some guys are just not up to par to call certain games when your whole season is workin A, AA, or AAA games. The size and speed at the 5A, and especially the 6A are different. Also, X and T are taught to play til the whistle blows. I've seen late hit calls, which were not, because of this.