MVP Finalists

MLB announced the 3 MVP Finalists in each league last night...

In the AL:

Jose Altuve: .346/.410/.957 with 24 HRs, 81 RBI. (led league in H & AVG)

Aaron Judge: .284/.422/1.049 with 52 HRs, 112 RBI. (led league in R, BB, Ks, & HRs)

Jose Ramirez: .318/.374/.957 with 29 HRs, 83 RBI. (led league in 2Bs)

In the NL:

Giancarlo Stanton: .281/.376/1.007 with 59 HRs, 132 RBI. (led league in SLG, HR, RBI)

Paul Goldschmidt: .297/.404/.966 with 36 HRs, 120 RBI.

Joey Votto: .320/.454/1.032 with 36 HRs, 100 RBI. (led league in OBP, OPS, BB, IBB)

Looking at the numbers, not sure how it's not Altuve and Votto that take home the hardware.

In a lot of other years, Stanton's and Judge's HR numbers would be impressive and might help tilt things in their favor. But, not this year, not at the rate they went out as a league.

I agree. It should be Altuve and Votto. Which pretty much means Joey doesn't stand a chance.

If I were to bet, I'd place my money on Altuve and Stanton as the winners. It should be, IMO, Altuve and Votto though.

In a lot of other years, Stanton's and Judge's HR numbers would be impressive and might help tilt things in their favor. But, not this year, not at the rate they went out as a league.

I agree. It should be Altuve and Votto. Which pretty much means Joey doesn't stand a chance.

Lots of writers have mentioned they favor Votto. I think he's got a chance.

Lots of writers have mentioned they favor Votto. I think he's got a chance.

More and more beginning to think he will win this thing as well. He and Altuve are on a different level. If it would come down to one tiny thing to push Joey over Stanton, I think the 'playing all 162 games' should push him over, but really it isn't even close for him or Altuve.