No Suspension for AJ Green

The NFL will not suspend Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green for his ejection Sunday.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans, who was not ejected for shoving Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore, is the only player the NFL will suspend for actions in this week’s games. Evans received a one-game suspension.

Green, though, can expect a fine.

Green lost his cool in the waning seconds of the first half, placing Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey in a chokehold, throwing him to the ground and punching his helmet. Green said he snapped because of repeated cheap shots he felt Ramsey was taking.

A.J. Green will not be suspended – ProFootballTalk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest I'm kind of shocked. My guess is the refs saw something during the game that Ramsey did and they said it was more mutual combat instead of just the takedown we saw. I'm still shocked though. What Green did has no place in the game.

I'll be honest I'm kind of shocked. My guess is the refs saw something during the game that Ramsey did and they said it was more mutual combat instead of just the takedown we saw. I'm still shocked though. What Green did has no place in the game.

I am shocked too.

I will say after about the first ten plays of the game I texted one of my Bengals Buddies and told him the Jags were playing dirty. I am sure the NFL saw that too. However, Green should be suspended at least one game.

The NFL makes is so tough to stay a fan.

I am shocked too.

I will say after about the first ten plays of the game I texted one of my Bengals Buddies and told him the Jags were playing dirty. I am sure the NFL saw that too. However, Green should be suspended at least one game.

Even if the Jags were playing dirty, you can't act like it's UFC out there. Everyone knows Ramsey is a trash talker. The guy went after Steve Smith his rookie year for God sakes. Green has to let that go or at least not escalate it to that level.

Even if the Jags were playing dirty, you can't act like it's UFC out there. Everyone knows Ramsey is a trash talker. The guy went after Steve Smith his rookie year for God sakes. Green has to let that go or at least not escalate it to that level.

Agree, the Jags baited the Bengals, at least in my opinion, and Green got sucked in.

The hypocrisy isn’t even amazing anymore.

AJ Green threw multiple punches and almost choked out Ramsey and he wasn’t suspended.

I’m not sure if I’m happy as a Bengals fan that he won’t be suspended. Just another example of not being held accountable.

Whatever Ramsey did or said doesn’t give AJ freedom to throw down on him. But since he did, he should have more of a price to pay than to have to write a check.

Take that outside the lines of the field and that’s assault.

What if it had been #55?

AJ Green threw multiple punches and almost choked out Ramsey and he wasn’t suspended.

I’m not sure if I’m happy as a Bengals fan that he won’t be suspended. Just another example of not being held accountable.

Whatever Ramsey did or said doesn’t give AJ freedom to throw down on him. But since he did, he should have more of a price to pay than to have to write a check.

Gone for year. But it was AJ who has no history of doing anything of this nature.

I agree gone for the year if it was Tez.

On AJ, he should at least get a game, if not 3 games for such an egregious offense.

What if it had been #55?

Gone for year. But it was AJ who has no history of doing anything of this nature.

On AJ, he should at least get a game, if not 3 games for such an egregious offense.

If Tez had done it, honestly I think his career would be over.

How in the world does that happen?

Green should definitely be suspended.

The NFL can't get out of its own way.

I am shocked too.

Agree, the Jags baited the Bengals, at least in my opinion, and Green got sucked in.

I read an article on this last night from cbs sports that predicted this. It states usually would take into account if a player was ejected or not. Stating if a player is ejected that the NFL looks as that as also missed game time and may be more lenient on a suspension or not since they already missed some of a game due to the ejection. At the same time it's why the article predicted Evans could be suspended since he didn't get kicked out of the game and have to miss game time.

My guess this is exactly why the NFL went this way with its actions. Plus considering Green has had no previous problems, what the refs said, and what maybe they looked back at on video. They may have viewed missing half a game and a fine was a fair punishment.

I'll try to find the article because it ended up being pretty spot on with what the NFL ended up doing.