#1 Wayne County vs. #9 Rockcastle County (4A Second Round)

Who wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Wayne County
    • Rockcastle County

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time these teams met, the final was 27-0 Wayne. Keep in mind though, it was 3-0 at the half before Wayne exploded in the 3rd quarter. That being said, Wayne had 3 good chances to score in the first half but came up short. Has the potential to be a good matchup based on previous years, but I’m gonna take Wayne in this one.

Wayne rolls 42-7

As many Rockcastle fans have done over and over on this site and others I could blame that alleged conduct on Rockcastle. Then justify those Wayne fans action by the wrongful act of another.

But those fans actions are their responsibility. IMO it should not have happened and it was wrong. But no player was involved. The Wayne County Football players acted with class. They made their statement on the field.

So make your threats, talk about how tough and physical you are, play games and try to intimidate. Please please give it to us.

I love the effect.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

So to get back on topic, what does Rockcastle need to do to have a chance in this rematch? Looking at the numbers there wasn't a huge discrepancy in total yards between the two teams, at least not enough for a 27-0 shutout.

So what does Rockcastle need to improve on? Wayne's quarterback Lorenzo played a great game the last time these two met. If Rockcastle can get pressure on him would that be enough to keep it close, or is there more to it than that?

Rock has to get pentration and pressure the QB same as they did against Moore this past Friday night. Last meeting a lot of things went wrong that haven't been happening this year and credit some of that to Wayne. We have made improvements and changes since the last game and i like our chances this time around. Will not be no shutout nor will it be a blowout either.