Upcoming Deer Gun Season

KYSportster

I'm already seeing a lot of action on the AA hwy. Increased number of deer hit is always a good indication of bucks cruising or chasing doe.Have also seen a couple of bucks, nice ones, that you could tell there necks where swollen.

Deer population is near record high. Just hope my neighbors left me a few nice ones???

Lol, none taken on that side of the farm that I know of. You need the people below you to put some pressure on them and push them up to you (and us).

I'm already seeing a lot of action on the AA hwy. Increased number of deer hit is always a good indication of bucks cruising or chasing doe.Have also seen a couple of bucks, nice ones, that you could tell there necks where swollen.

What does that indicate?

I have more deer activity at my feeder in daylight hours than I ever have since I've been hunting Boone Co. I'm seeing a ton of does and at least 3 shooter bucks consistently. I think Saturday is going to be a great morning in the woods.

Not much happening on our farm either. Saw a little 4 point and one decent 6 that my son considered but took a pass on. There were a few does roaming around but didn't seem to be ANY interest in them by the bucks, not even the little guys.

I thought the cold fronts might have helped, but it seems the rut is still ahead of us.