Josh Gordon Was Reinstated Today

Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Josh Gordon to play in the NFL upon certain conditions. The first day he is eligible to play is Dec. 3. This means he could play in the last 5 games of the season.

Cleveland will meet with him to determine their next move but it appears he will begin practicing Nov. 20. Prior to that he can go to team meetings, do personal conditioning, etc. at the Browns facility.

Gordon hasn't played since the next-to-last game of 2014. He's set out nearly 3 years. Fresh out of rehab for the fourth (known) time, one wonders how long it will take him to get to playing form. Will he be able to get to the level he was before his first suspension?

It looks like we will have the opportunity to find out. But as was true the last time, Gordon's future will depend on his commitment to sobriety and how much he wants to play football.

He hasn't played since 2012 and he wasn't one of the best at that time. The guy had a spectacular 2011 campaign but I'm not buying. I don't think the market is very high for Gordon and can't imagine many teams being interested in a trade. He is a perfect fit for a terrible franchise.

He hasn't played since 2012 and he wasn't one of the best at that time. The guy had a spectacular 2011 campaign but I'm not buying. I don't think the market is very high for Gordon and can't imagine many teams being interested in a trade. He is a perfect fit for a terrible franchise.

He was drafted in 2012 and hasn't played since 2014. The guy is a very good wide receiver and was viewed as such. They'll be a market if the Browns want to trade him.

I think the Browns will keep him and see what he's got left. Gordon owes the Browns A LOT! The Browns don't have a receiving core. Their best hope has been injured most of the season. They brought veteran Kenny Britt in but he has been a MAJOR disappointment. They have a young TE who is promising but 2015's haul of 5+ WRs hasn't yielded much. Corey Coleman is the only one who seems on the cusp of a good career but he can't stay on the field.

So it appears Gordon needs the Browns and Browns need Gordon. But he will need time to develop again. It's been 3 years since he played.

And we have to keep it real with Gordon. As a psychologist on the college re-admission committee my wife served on used to say, "past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior." Gordon just came out of his 4th known rehab. Hopefully, this one was matched with contrition and he has a good support plan.

I'm hoping Gordon gets it together for his sake, beyond football, and regardless of whether he ever plays for the Browns.

As to his talent, Gordon made ProBowl DBs look silly. He has good hands, great strength, height, speed, and knows how to go get the ball.

Fixed that for you.

I highly doubt he steps in this year or next and is anything more than average.

That's fine. I don't expect him to come back out and immediately return to the form he was in before he got suspended. I do think he had the chance to get back to that level in the right situation. The guy is extremely talented and by all accounts has worked really hard the past two years to stay in shape. I think the bigger question is can he stay off the weed.

I think the Browns will keep him and see what he's got left. Gordon owes the Browns A LOT! The Browns don't have a receiving core. Their best hope has been injured most of the season. They brought veteran Kenny Britt in but he has been a MAJOR disappointment. They have a young TE who is promising but 2015's haul of 5+ WRs hasn't yielded much. Corey Coleman is the only one who seems on the cusp of a good career but he can't stay on the field.

So it appears Gordon needs the Browns and Browns need Gordon. But he will need time to develop again. It's been 3 years since he played.

And we have to keep it real with Gordon. As a psychologist on the college re-admission committee my wife served on used to say, "past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior." Gordon just came out of his 4th known rehab. Hopefully, this one was matched with contrition and he has a good support plan.

I'm hoping Gordon gets it together for his sake, beyond football, and regardless of whether he ever plays for the Browns.

As to his talent, Gordon made ProBowl DBs look silly. He has good hands, great strength, height, speed, and knows how to go get the ball.

Brown's need Gordon yes. Gordon doesn't necessarily need them. If he was cut another team definitely would give him a shot.

I think he's still pretty young, if he can put the blunts down, he can still have a really good career. He's going to have to go out and prove he can do it before someone gives him a long term contract. If he stays clean, he can probably get one more big payday before he's done.

Dude had all-time great talent. His stint was short lived, but some forget how much of a beast he was.

I agree. He was playing with a talent level similar to AB and OBJ and he was playing for the Browns with who the hell knows throwing the ball to him. Couldn't imagine how dynamic he would have been had he had a real QB throwing him the ball. The guy is extremely talented and still really young, in the right organization the sky is the limit for Josh Gordon for sure.