Joe Buck is terrible, and has always been

Jim Schue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see the same view Buck had and I'm not really sure he thought it was a challengable play. Joe Buck does a great job IMO.

How does Joe Freakin' Buck have fewer angles than me as a home viewer? And even if he doesn't, he can see the play live. He's terrible.

How does Joe Freakin' Buck have fewer angles than me as a home viewer? And even if he doesn't, he can see the play live. He's terrible.

He's watching the play live and is probably 75 yards away from the base. He doesnt see a live action slow mo version of the game. It was a close play and he has to commentate immediately before he sees a replay. Cut the man some slack.

Watching live we all see the same thing as Buck. And he misses bad, consistently. But sure, challenge that obvious call. Maybe get Tim McCarver's awfulness in with you to reassure you that the wrong call was the right one.
Buck doesn't miss bad. What are you watching?

Buck is overrated for me. Not bad. Just overrated. A few too many mistakes (e.g. just called Bregman second baseman, instead of third baseman). Misread some flyballs heightening his voice like they were going to be HR's when they were fly outs. Little things like that. He doesn't bother me but nothing special about him to be the lead guy in the World Series.

He's watching the play live and is probably 75 yards away from the base. He doesnt see a live action slow mo version of the game. It was a close play and he has to commentate immediately before he sees a replay. Cut the man some slack.

I don't call plays off the replay. I call them live. I'm right almost always. So Joe and I are seeing it same time. And I've got him. I should have his job.