Raceland 26 Russell 14

GOREDDEVILS

Some un official stats were .....

Rams 312 ttl yds / Devils 108 ....with 73 of those on one play !

This one was dominated by the Rams Defense, Bishop Brossart next week in the playoffs. ...and the refs, 166 yds in Ram penalties / 66 yds in Russell penalties.

Raceland takes the Rail City Bowl trophy back to Ramblerville.

Raceland dominated the line of scrimmage tonight. Their offensive line consistently got a good push and Ram defenders were in Russell's backfield all night.

Russell's offense basically consisted of two big plays, one of which wasn't even an offensive snap... Landen Duvall's 73 yard TD run and Bobby Hale's pick-six. This was another in a season of great defensive performances by Raceland.

So, there were seven officials on the field tonight, huh? You'd have thought they were getting paid by the flag. This was an ugly, frustrating game to watch. I think I heard that Raceland had 16 penalties for 175 yards.

First off, I am sure that Raceland was guilty in a lot of calls, as well as Russell. I am sure that both sides felt that some were unfouded. Now, on my / WLGC's crew critisism of the officiating that a lot went against Raceland ...I just found out that maybe it wasn't the entire crew ....what I am saying is that one official in particular was one that Raceland's team, coaches and fans know all too well. Raceland has trouble with this man regardless of opponent and / or location of the game. Several Rams games, including wins and losses....this guy calls have went mostly in the opponet's favor. That one fact of who it was explains a lot. I don't want to call out the name in public but it may or may not have to do with a weather condition description and a form of hard metal. :sssh: :sneaky:

I believe we (GC) have that same ref in common. I truly believe he looks over the schedule from our JFL to Varsity and laughs an evil laugh with a “i’ll get you my pretty” when he sees GC. When he is announced you can hear the GC fan base collectively sigh because we know we are in for a long night. He has followed us and reffed games out of region. He even uses his nickname when announced especially when GC/Raceland play each other because he doesn’t know which fan base dislikes him more. There should be a system in place to evenly rotate these refs. It seems like we have the same crew every Friday Home or away. I look forward to playoffs with different officials, don’t know if it’s any better but at least there’s not a bias I hope. This one ref in particular has reffed our boys since 2nd grade and he’s not a fan.

I believe we (GC) have that same ref in common. I truly believe he looks over the schedule from our JFL to Varsity and laughs an evil laugh with a “i’ll get you my pretty” when he sees GC. When he is announced you can hear the GC fan base collectively sigh because we know we are in for a long night. He has followed us and reffed games out of region. He even uses his nickname when announced especially when GC/Raceland play each other because he doesn’t know which fan base dislikes him more. There should be a system in place to evenly rotate these refs. It seems like we have the same crew every Friday Home or away. I look forward to playoffs with different officials, don’t know if it’s any better but at least there’s not a bias I hope. This one ref in particular has reffed our boys since 2nd grade and he’s not a fan.

:lol2: Sounds like you know him well.