Astros 7 Dodgers 6 (11 innings)

I went to bed just before the 8th inning started. Figured with the Dodgers bullpen, game 2 was going to end the same way as game 1...and really didn't need to stay up just to see that. Didn't even bother recording the rest of the game, for that same reason. Needless to say, was shocked to hear, not only that the Astros won, but the how and when.

I went to bed just before the 8th inning started. Figured with the Dodgers bullpen, game 2 was going to end the same way as game 1...and really didn't need to stay up just to see that. Didn't even bother recording the rest of the game, for that same reason. Needless to say, was shocked to hear, not only that the Astros won, but the how and when.

Same here

Giles looks like so many other pitchers today - he is pitching scared. That walk to Forsythe was a complete joke. Through the friggin' ball down the middle of the plate and dare him to hit it.

If I were a manager, I would have a rule - if you come in as a relief pitcher and walk a guy, you won't be pitching much in key situations. You might find yourself back in the minors. I want pitchers, especially relief pitchers, who trust their stuff and are aggressive. To make my point, early in the season, I would yank a few guys if they walk someone. Reliever comes in and walks someone, I immediately walk out to the mound. If I have another reliever ready, I yank the guy who just walked the hitter. If I don't have anyone warming up, before I head out to the mound, I have the next man up in the bullpen getting ready. I tell my pitcher that if that guy in the pen was ready, he would be coming out of the game right now. I would not tolerate walks to hitters in the late innings of games. If you can't throw strikes or are scared to throw strikes, find another team.

Along these same lines, no one pitches inside consistently. I would teach my pitchers to pitch inside. Keep the hitters honest. Best pitch in baseball - a fastball a little up that runs in on the hitters hands. Break some bats. Pitchers who can throw their fastball for strikes on both sides of the plate are dynamite.

I had a tough time following the logic. re. the Dodgers' pitching moves. Pull the starter after 4 innings (he was pitching pretty well). Ask the closer to get 6 outs instead of the usual 3 or fewer.

I agree. Why did they pull Hill so early? I wasn't listening closely to the commentary on the game. Did the guys calling the game give their thoughts on why Hill was pulled so early?

I don’t watch baseball anymore during the season since the 1994 strike cancelled the World Series, but I do watch some of the post season games. I watched this one until the 8th with the Dodgers leading 3-1 and thought it was pretty much over. I turned off the TV and went to sleep. Then wake up this morning and read on BGP that the Astros won.

I did the same thing the year UK came back and beat LSU after being down by a big margin down in Baton Rouge. I’ve got to stop doing that, lol. It ain’t over till it’s over.

I don’t watch baseball anymore during the season since the 1994 strike cancelled the World Series, but I do watch some of the post season games. I watched this one until the 8th with the Dodgers leading 3-1 and thought it was pretty much over. I turned off the TV and went to sleep. Then wake up this morning and read on BGP that the Astros won.

I did the same thing the year UK came back and beat LSU after being down by a big margin down in Baton Rouge. I’ve got to stop doing that, lol. It ain’t over till it’s over.

This