BluegrassPreps' Class 4A Rankings - Discussion (10/23)

Ram

Class 4A

Ashland had to feel like doing their best Kirk Cousins impersonation following their surprising upset over Johnson Central, "How Do You Like That?!?!". In a class that was a roller coaster all season, the only team that had remained tried and true every week was Johnson Central until Ashland sent shock waves. The Golden Eagles must rally against 3A's top team to avoid entering the playoffs on a two-game losing streak. Knox Central has flown under the radar most of the year. The Panthers made a statement by winning in convincing fashion over Rockcastle County and can serve notice even more if they can somehow upset 3A Corbin. Wayne County takes the top spot but can not rest on their laurels against a solid 5A Madison Southern. Scott feels their pain. After working all season to get into the Top 10 they have to show up against 2A Lloyd Memorial to end the year with a number by their name.

1. Wayne County vs. 5A #5 Madison Southern

2. Ashland -- OPEN

3. Johnson Central at 3A #1 Belfry

4. Collins vs. 5A Pulaski County

5. Franklin-Simpson at 1A Russellville

6. Western at 6A Dunbar

7. Knox Central at 3A #3 Corbin

8. Logan County vs. 2A Todd County Central

9. Rockcastle County at 3A Garrard County

10. Scott vs. 2A #8 Lloyd Memorial

If you are gonna jump Ashland over JC and Collins, might as well jump them over Wayne.

Doesn't bother me really if Ashland stayed at 4 but they did hang a L on #1 and are playing some pretty darn good football. So yea they probably should be #1.

If you are gonna jump Ashland over JC and Collins, might as well jump them over Wayne.

Wayne County has been flawless minus the loss to Boyle County, which may be the best team in 3A down the stretch. Collins has been solid, but also has a loss to Boyle County as well as a loss to 6A Ballard that sits just outside the top ten. IMO, Wayne has been more impressive than Collins this season. It's also hard to argue Ashland not at least jumping JC, since they just won a head to head game against the Eagles.

I feel like BGP got it right with the rankings, for now. Though it would not surprise me one bit if JC beat Ashland in a rematch if that game does happen. As an Ashland fan I wouldn't mind one bit for Ashland to have remained at #4. Long story short, I think Ashland showed the rest of the state that 4A is wide open this season, there isn't a clear favorite and likely 5-6 teams that could win it all.

We do agree that Ashland has given everyone in state hope.

Depending on matchups, yes there is 5 or 6 teams that could win it.

Point is, if you are going to jump a 2 loss Ashland over Collins then you might as well jump them over wayne. Collins and Wayne have been 2A and 2B in my book all year.

Wayne this week has Mad. Southern who Collins destroyed early in the year and Collins is a lot better especially on the D side of the ball and has really established the run game.

Who would you all say has the strongest District in 4A? IMO District 8 is very competitive. JC and Ashland are two of the top 4 4A teams in the state and Greenup is a 3 Seed that no 2 Seed wants to see with their offensive fire power, but it is def a top heavy district.

District 8 may be the best at the top, but district 6 with Wayne, Knox and Rockcastle have more top ten teams than any district.

District 1 may be the most competitive since Logan County beat both Madisonville and Hopkinsville in the last ten seconds.

Who would you all say has the strongest District in 4A? IMO District 8 is very competitive. JC and Ashland are two of the top 4 4A teams in the state and Greenup is a 3 Seed that no 2 Seed wants to see with their offensive fire power, but it is def a top heavy district.

District 8 may be the best at the top, but district 6 with Wayne, Knox and Rockcastle have more top ten teams than any district.

I think District 6 is a tad stronger because their bottom teams aren't as bad. Russell County and Clay County are both better than Rowan, East Carter, and Boyd, in my opinion.