Sling TV Users

HammerTime

Dropping DirecTv next month and going with the basic sling TV package and adding the sports package for $5.

I know you can watch it on Xbox and a few other things, but it would be nice to have a remote of some kind with whatever application I use to run Sling. For those that have/had this what did you use? They offer and AirTv player that is $50. Not sure it's worth it or not.

I have Sling at my place in Woodson Bend at Lake Cumberland. I Sling off my TWC at my place in Covington. But I am assuming you will be using it as your primary source. We tried rabbit ears at Woodson Bend and got nothing. However, to gat the local main channels, if you can get them with rabbit ears, you have a good option.

I had sling and switched to Vue. I use a Roku on each of my Tv's and use the Roku remote.

Vue is a little pricier ($39 + $5 for sports), but I get all the local channels live on it, plus DVR.

Isn't that only thru Playstation? So you can DVR on that?

Isn't that only thru Playstation? So you can DVR on that?

It's owned by PlayStation but can be streamed thru any device. I stream it thru my Roku. It has built in DVR which is the why I went with it. I use an antenna for my local channels but in NKY, they have channel 12 and I think 9 live streamed, the other 2 are on demand. If I don't catch Designated Survivor live, I can watch it the next day on demand. I pay 34.99 for the sports package but I got an email they are so increasing it $10 a month.

I'm telling you, get a stick, you get all movie channels and locals and more.

I have a firestick on each of our TVs. I watch all the pro sports I want for free. MLB, NFL, NHL, Boxing and the like. I use an antenna for local channels ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox. We ditched DirecTV a while back.

You can get

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, MY9, & PBS

for free thru USTV now.

Just go to TV Guide - North American TV Shows, Movie and Series - USTVnow and sign up for a free account.

It was originally meant for US military personnel and US citizens overseas, but it is available for everyone.

They also have upgrades to more channels. I think it's $19 for the 28 channel package.

They are not your local stations, they are based out of Harrisburg, PA.