Strasburg to Skip Game 4 Start

bugatti

I thought this was fascinating.

Dusty had no clue how to handle that press conference. Not sure I would have either.

Stephen Strasburg and Nationals commit biggest error of the season - The Washington Post

Let’s review what we know for certain: The Washington Nationals face elimination Wednesday afternoon at Wrigley Field. They employ a pitcher who, at the moment, is throwing as well as — and likely better than — anyone in the game. He is on regular rest. He will not pitch.

Keep going: The Nationals knew Manager Dusty Baker would be sitting in front of the media after Tuesday’s National League Division Series game was postponed to announce that Tanner Roark, not Stephen Strasburg, would get the ball with the season in the balance. And they either did not properly prepare Baker for the importance of the message he was about to deliver, or Baker did not understand its importance, or both.

Now, just me: I’m betting on both.

This is a mess. It is viewed that way across baseball, and it is viewed that way internally within the Nationals. They are, by now, a classic one-step-forward-two-steps-back organization, with responsibility in nearly every department of the club.

Nats manager Dusty Baker told reporters that he's sticking with Tanner Roark and that Stephen Strasburg is feeling "under the weather." Baker also said that Strasburg threw a bullpen session Monday, taking him out of the running to start Wednesday.