Will Raceland Benefit From the Hazard/Paintsville Game?

Bac2369

Will Raceland benefit from the Hazard/Paintsville Game?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will Raceland benefit from the Hazard/Paintsville Game?

I myself think the scheduling of this game and timing is perfect for Raceland. The Hazard and Paintsville should be an absolute war and will more than likely they should beat each other up and it could leave Paintsville vulnerable next week. Raceland could very well come in and beat Paintsville. Not many people said it last year but both games between Raceland and Paintsville was an absolute war and came down to the final play in both games. So basically what I'm saying is could the timing be perfect for Raceland to steal a win.

I think Raceland definitely could benefit from the timing of that game. I voted "yes" in the poll but I probably should have voted "maybe".

It is really hard both physically and mentally to play two big, emotional games back-to-back. I think Hazard likely benefitted from that last season in the semifinals when they played Paintsville the week after Paintsville won the tough game after Raceland. Hazard had just beaten Pikeville in a much easier game, while Paintsville had used everything they had in the tank against Raceland.

I think Raceland definitely could benefit from the timing of that game. I voted "yes" in the poll but I probably should have voted "maybe".

It is really hard both physically and mentally to play two big, emotional games back-to-back. I think Hazard likely benefitted from that last season in the semifinals when they played Paintsville the week after Paintsville won the tough game after Raceland. Hazard had just beaten Pikeville in a much easier game, while Paintsville had used everything they had in the tank against Raceland.

Very well said. Defensively Hazard had the number of Paintsville last year. Phelps got loose on one play and that was it. I never heard it any last year but it's been used before and I thought I'd see what people thought. Hopefully we can generate some more conversation.

Both games with Raceland last season where electric and came down to the wire. Both teams had to leave it all on the field.

That playoff game had the atmosphere of a neutral setting due to the Rams fans showing up in such huge numbers. Maybe one of the loudest and more exciting High School games I've been to. As a neutral fan, I love those kinda games.

Here's what I've seen this year. We have 2 very tough losses against very good opponents. Then a loss to an Ashland team that turns out is better than we thought at the time. Fans are fickle, they see 4-3 and think oh we aren't very good. I think Paintsville's tough matchup this week could have an effect on the Raceland game. What I dont agree with is to say Raceland could steal a win. With or without an effect from that game we can beat Paintsville. Paintsville can beat us. I look for it to be very similar to last year's games. I also fully expect this to be the first of two games between us and Paintsville and another big one coming in the playoffs with everything on the line.

I agree 100% 55. If we be effecient and fast paced offenaively, we can win the East. The defense has just been on the field so much and without the use of the depth we have, eventually we ware down or blow an assignment and give up a big play. If our offense can sustain drives that eat up atleast 5-8 minutes of click AND result in points, we win against Port West and Somerset. We were not ready offenaively for Ashland. But the other two games, we should have won. The potential isnthere, said it all year. We just have yet to put a full game together. Nows the time. It's put up or shut up. Our 1 game over .500 is deceptive to how good we are, imo.

In the event of an injury, I could see this perspective. In football with a week to prepare btwn games and with the post season implications, I see this game being a war regardless! Raceland does a great job preparing for Paintsville. I also expect the 2 teams to meet twice. I think Raceland is better than Hazard after the injuries they sustained. I would guess after the way 2016 ended that Paintsville has awaited the Hazard matchup since last Nov. It is almost that point in season where it becomes win or go home, cant see either team letting their guard down from here on out! Btw if you take 2 pass plays out of the Hurricane game to #8 Dakota Williams, Paintsville is undefeated at this point.

The Raceland crew has been quiet all season. I mean it's football season come on!!

I've been saying / asking the same thing. I do hope that some haven't became "fair weather" Ram fans, we've never had that on here and I am hoping that's not the case bc imo there's nothing worse. I have caught hell in the past for telling bandwagon fans, "if you're not going to back them when we're down, then don't bother coming back around when things are good ....and yes, they will be good. Of course, I've never had a problem with saying what I think. I have the right to remain silent, just not the ability :sssh::sneaky:.

Agreed, I voted maybe bc Raceland has just came off two very tough, physical games that both were losses to very good teams. What I am certainly hoping is that the Bye week last Friday came at the best time that it could have. Gave some time for some bumps, scrapes and bruises plus some bruised egos to heal and time to get re focused on the district schedule.

You might say that Raceland has beaten "Open" last week and are ready to roll. .....

I think many of us True blooded r fans are kind of frustrated with some things. And rather than start any interpersonal conflict, etc, we have chose to keep our noses clean and try y to weather the storm l. I will always support my Alma matre, but there are things that are being done or not being done, that I don't agree with for this tream...

I've been saying / asking the same thing. I do hope that some haven't became "fair weather" Ram fans, we've never had that on here and I am hoping that's not the case bc imo there's nothing worse. I have caught hell in the past for telling bandwagon fans, "if you're not going to back them when we're down, then don't bother coming back around when things are good ....and yes, they will be good. Of course, I've never had a problem with saying what I think. I have the right to remain silent, just not the ability :sssh::sneaky:.

I'm glad your still here. I love to see these threads take off and have plenty of conversation in them. It just seems down from last year.