BluegrassPreps Class 4A Football Rankings (10/9) Discussion

Ram

Class 4A

Top-ranked Johnson Central looked human for a quarter or so against Greenup County, then they did what they have done the past two years and put the pedal to the metal. Wayne County won a Top 10 match-up to lock up their District against Knox Central. Logan County, (yes, the 7-0 Logan County) earned one of the biggest wins in recent school history by knocking off Hopkinsville in dramatic fashion. The only foreseeable hurdle standing in the way of a perfect regular season will be Madisonville. The Maroons are playing a good brand of football and will not be easy to beat playing at home. Outside of the Top 10, keep an eye on the Bourbon County versus Scott game. This one has major playoff impact.

1. Johnson Central vs. Rowan County

2. Wayne County at Russell County

3. Collins vs. North Oldham

4. Ashland vs. Greenup County

5. Franklin-Simpson vs. Warren Central

6. Rockcastle County vs. Clay County

7. Western at Valley

8. Knox Central vs. Franklin County

9. Allen County-Scottsville at Warren East

10. Logan County at Madisonville-North Hopkins

I hate ranking the teams outside top 3.

1. JC

2 Wayne

3 Collins

4 Ashland

5 Rockcastle

6 Shelby

7 Western

8 Logan

9 Bourbon Co.

10 Mad Northhopkins

No Franklin Simpson and you put Shelby Co. at 6?:no:

That's straight up a homer pick there. No way you can justify them at 6 and have not at least mentioned Franklin Simpson or Franklin Co. who thumped Shelby 30-3.

Maybe it is but they are just as good as everyone else.

Turned it over against Franklin.

Franklin Simpson let me down too much. Havn't got back on the wagon yet.

Franklin-Simpson has three losses. One was to Elizabethtown, the #4 team in 3A. One was to South Warren, the #4 team in 5A. The other was to Meade County, a fringe 6A top ten team. That last one is quite important, being that Franklin-Simpson lost to Meade by three. Shelby County lost to them by 45. I don't know how Franklin-Simpson let you down more than Shelby. Franklin-Simpson didn't lose to an unranked team by 27 either. Objectively, I don't know any way an argument can be made for Shelby County to be ranked and Franklin-Simpson (or Franklin County for that matter) to not be. Let alone Shelby County at 7th.

geez..said might have been a homer and can't rank this bunch above 3...

Who know where anyone stands right now...

It’s just a discussion, I recognize everyone has their opinions, just expressing mine as well. Don’t let it discourage you, opinions and discourse is what this thread is here for.

You are correct that it is really difficult to rank them beyond 3. But I do feel as if Ashland, Franklin-Simpson, and Rockcastle County have established themselves as safe picks in that next tier. It becomes more chaotic beyond that. But it just seems clear that Shelby County sticks out like a sore thumb in your ranks.

Naw FS probably deserves in with 3 losses.

Ashland has had a good year and can score some points...

give them some respect this year.

Guys..I havn't been able to figure anything out in 4A this year.

It has been just too crazy.

Johnson Central #1

Wayne and Collins are 2 and 3...Ashland is somewhere in the Top 7...

Then...... well... it's kind of a goat rodeo! LOL

I hate ranking the teams outside top 3.

1. JC

2 Wayne

3 Collins

4 Ashland

5 Rockcastle

6 Shelby

7 Western

8 Logan

9 Bourbon Co.

10 Mad Northhopkins

Subjective rankings are basically like the editorial page of a newspaper. Opinions based on un-quantified thoughts. I know that I approached this season thinking Franklin-Simpson would just pick up where it left off in 2016. Turns out they did. They got their butts whipped the first game of '17 just like they did the last game of '16.

Not what I expected.

This FS team was different. It needed time to get the rudder in the water and the sails set properly. According to one coach the Cats did not line up as instructed on defense one time during the E-town game. Obviously they had a long row to hoe in order to get back to the 2016 level of play.

They are getting there. Against South Warren and Mr. Spurrier the only pass defense was pass interference. Not so now. Early on the run defense was spotty. Not so now.

The only game on the schedule that still baffles me is Meade County. Meade looked really good at FS. Then they go and get annihilated by a John Hardin team that struggled with Warren Central and got smashed by Western.

FS belongs in the Top Ten...somewhere. We really will not know for sure until the second or third week of the playoffs. By then though we have objective results and not speculation.

Compare the above "Subjective" ranking with Cantrell's "Objective" ranking.

1. Johnson Central 81.1

2. Collins 75.5

3. Franklin-Simpson 74.6

4. Wayne County 74.1

5. Ashland Blazer 65.0

6. Madisonville 63.5

7. Scott 62.9

8. Rockcastle County 60.9

9. Hopkinsville 60.3

10. Western 59.1