Should MLB Playoff Games not be played on Sundays?

I'll never understand the argument of "not knowing the station" a game was on. Is there a single cable/satellite system that comes without a TV guide on screen? Do you have a phone? Maybe competing against the NFL hurts ratings but enough with this "couldn't find it" nonsense.

Edited by gchs_uk9

AL is on FS1 and NL on TBS. Not sure why that is so hard.

Same channels they've been playing on, too. And if not there, it's MLB Network. It doesn't require someone with the remote skillz of Mack The Knife to figure it out.

Plus, you can always check your phone. The CBS Sports app tells you what network every game is playing on, in all sports.

Who knew the Red Sox were playing the Astros and what station it was on this Sunday?

I would guess the ratings outside of Boston and Houston will be very poor.

With the NFL and NASCAR and Fall activities should MLB playoffs just use Sunday as a travel day for all teams?

Wouldn't matter and baseball is meant to be played in consecutive days and in somewhat relative obscurity until the next round.

As someone else mentioned, you have to play baseball on consecutive days and they already have stretched out the games enough. I don't think the ratings were hurt as much yesterday as they are by play a weekday game at 2:00 but they have to do that too with four series going on.

To answer the question: No, they shouldn't be played on Sunday's or Saturday's for strictly bottom reasons you can't compete with NFL or CFB. What you can do is OWN Monday-Friday. Now the thing about baseball is it is best when the games are played back to back. Obviously a 2 day break in the middle of a series isn't ideal, but I think it would help the bottom line for sure. I love baseball, but I'm watching a regular season NFL game before I watch a playoff baseball game unless it involves the Reds.

Of course they should have games on Sundays.

Playoff baseball is infinitely more exciting to watch than regular season football games every single time IMO.

But for the good of the game should they avoid Sundays? You might like it but not many agree with you since the stupid Pro Bowl outdraws World Series games.

Why not try to avoid Saturdays and Sundays if possible or play as few games as possible on those days? Or play only on Sunday night so they only have to compete with one NFL game?

Play as many as possible on M-F.

It is nothing against baseball. I've always thought the US Open Tennis is about the dumbest thing going since they could have Labor Day weekend for their Finals and no competition from the NFL and limited College games but they wait until the opening weekend of the NFL and full college slats to stage their Finals.