6A Cooper vs Boone County

HOF

Who wins this one  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one

Is this a Thursday night game?

Yep, due to fall break. I'm not sure when this was changed but I didn't know until last week.

Cooper will have to stop the run to have a chance.

Boone hasn't had much of a run offense lately.

If you had asked me about this game a few weeks ago I would have said Boone Co would win with a power run attack. During the summer scrimmage the Rebels ran with success.

However, Boone has regressed and it appears Cooper has taken a few steps forward. It's not just that Boone has played tough competition, like SK, but they didn't fair well against GRC or Dixie. Not that either team is a slouch but they aren't of the class that should be able to shutout even a mediocre offense. The opponent's D-line spends a lot of time in the backfield when playing Boone. And its hard to discern any kind of offensive identity.

I still will take the Rebels in this tilt, though I'm not sure how they will get it done. I hope we get some of our injured back, there were 7 to 10 out for the SK game. That really adds up when you consider how small the roster is and the fact that many of those boys play both ways.

Yep, due to fall break. I'm not sure when this was changed but I didn't know until last week.

Boone hasn't had much of a run offense lately.

If you had asked me about this game a few weeks ago I would have said Boone Co would win with a power run attack. During the summer scrimmage the Rebels ran with success.

However, Boone has regressed and it appears Cooper has taken a few steps forward. It's not just that Boone has played tough competition, like SK, but they didn't fair well against GRC or Dixie. Not that either team is a slouch but they aren't of the class that should be able to shutout even a mediocre offense. The opponent's D-line spends a lot of time in the backfield when playing Boone. And its hard to discern any kind of offensive identity.

I still will take the Rebels in this tilt, though I'm not sure how they will get it done. I hope we get some of our injured back, there were 7 to 10 out for the SK game. That really adds up when you consider how small the roster is and the fact that many of those boys play both ways.

OG, is there any reason for optimism in the Boone youth program for the future? Is Coach Steel and staff investing for the future?