Pete W

Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is really tricky to predict for me. On paper the Colonels should be something like a 28 point favorite judging by stats and similar oppenents.

I am hoping the rivalry factor + Huddy + the offense hitting on all cylinders + health might shrink the paper gap. If Cov Cath does not play their A game and Highlands gets the ball the bounce their way a few times this one could be interesting.

Highlands defensive weakness has been run defense up till now and they have faced running backs better than McGuinness. Now they have Huddy and I really believe that is a huge difference after watching him play last week. Birds pass defense is actually pretty good.

I think a really big factor could be what Cov Cath's pass defense is like, and who will be on Venneman.

Sadly my score prediction is this:

Highlands 24

Cov Cath 42

The game is surprisingly close for a couple quarters and then the Colonels pull away and have too many weapons.

Highlands has shown the last couple years to be the team to beat in NKY, I like in this game.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a Baseball thread, then give me CCH by 28.

I know this was a joke, but you actually bring up a valid point. Sports specialization at young ages and probably some injury concerns by moms have an impact. How many baseball players at Highlands also play football?