Louisville Power Rankings Oct 8, 2017

Bert

1. Trinity (8-0) – Pretty much expected results last Friday against Eastern. Most likely same story this week against Seneca. Hopefully the backups get plenty of reps should they be needed in the playoffs.

2. St. Xavier (6-1) – St. X gets back to its winning ways with a convincing victory over Manual. This week's game versus Male should be an absolute battle and will be this week's game of the week.

3. Male (7-1) – Bryan Station didn't put up much of a fight for the Dogs. This week versus Male should be the game of the week across the state.

4. Pleasure Ridge Park (5-2) – The Panthers climbed back on the horse with a close win over a good Butler and things will not get any easier as Manual visits the Panthers.

5. DeSales (7-0) – GO COLTS. Great defensive showing by DeSales by holding CAL to only 3 points. CAL has been a thorn in DeSales' side for years but that thorn has been plucked. The rest of the season should be easier as Washington Co., Shawnee and Southern make up the rest of the season.

6. Christian Academy of Louisville (5-2) – Losing to your rival is no fun, losing 21-3 is even worse. The Centurions have a pretty easy remainder of the season to regroup for the playoffs.

7. South Oldham (6-1) South took no mercy on Bullitt East and the next two games will probably be the same story.

8. Central (5-2) – Central had a solid win over a talented Waggoner and will face Bardstown and Thomas Jefferson before its next big match up, PRP.

9. Butler (5-3) Bulter gave a great game to PRP with such a close loss. This week should be easier against Eastern.

10. Bullitt Central (5-2) The number 10 Power Ranking has been the most difficult all year and this week is no difference. Bullitt Central gets the #10 ranking this week but most likely will get bounced out after playing South Oldham so who knows what will happen.

Honorable Mention -

Manual (3-4)

Meade County (4-4)

Bullitt East (3-4)

Fern Creek (4-4)

Doss (4-3)

Teams on the Rise – DeSales, continuing their undefeated season with a whale of a game versus LCA

Teams on the Decline – No one stands out.

Featured Game of the Week – #2 St. X versus #3 Male

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

At this point, I think those top 5 are set in stone, with the exception of 2 and 3, which will be settled this week. Trinity is clearly #1, with St X and Male a notch below them but clearly better than #4. I would have loved to see a south end clash between PRP and DeSales this season. Both skimmed by Butler as their only common opponent.

Really, Meade County, honorable mention??? Head scratcher there. Saw Meade County and North Hardin. Not a pretty game to watch. Meade County had 17 penalties and North Hardin had 12. From what I have seen so far this year, I believe that Central Hardin is 2-3 touchdowns better than both of these teams, but again we will find out in the next 2 weeks of district play.

Really, Meade County, honorable mention??? Head scratcher there. Saw Meade County and North Hardin. Not a pretty game to watch. Meade County had 17 penalties and North Hardin had 12. From what I have seen so far this year, I believe that Central Hardin is 2-3 touchdowns better than both of these teams, but again we will find out in the next 2 weeks of district play.

Let's be honest, after about 9th, 10th or so, the strength of Louisville area teams starts dropping off fairly quickly among about a dozen or so teams that haven't done much to separate themselves from the pack so which are mentioned OR if any should be mentioned at all is not a huge focus and rarely even discussed on here. Should I have mentioned CH, possibly but last year I got caught up in the CH hype on the Lou ranking thread from various CH supporters and started mentioning and ranking only to really have a REAL head scratcher after they lost AT HOME to a not very good Ballard. So, possibly after that I do have some left over pessimism about CH. Regardless, after Meade and NH I will have a better idea what they do or do not deserve on the rankings.