3A #4 Elizabethtown vs #10 LaRue County

I think Etown wins as well. I think Larue could keep it close for a while. Etown lives off the big play on offense because of their speed. If Larue can avoid/minimize the big play they might hang around. This is a big rivalry so I expect both will come ready to play.

I think this will be competive for the first two quarters and E-Town stretches it out in the second half. The Panthers have come out flat for a couple of games when playing a team they expect to beat (Edmonson Co.). However they respect Larue, and it's EHS homecoming, so they will be chomping at the bit to get this one going.

Who was the last team Etown has played that runs a ball control, wishbone type offense?

Honestly don't know. CAL comes closest. Different offense, but CAL offense is ball control.

But Elizabethtown coach Mark Brown is famous for his Wing-T, running, timing and misdirection teams. I doubt LaRue can scheme up anything he hasn't seen before.

On the flip side, LaRue County's schedule has not prepared them for Elizabethtown's dynamic offense, tough defense, depth, athleticism, senior leadership, coaching, crowd, turf and just pure hatred for the opponent at hand (Hart and Taylor aren't football rivals for LaRue like E'town is for LaRue. Hardin schools and LaRue hate each other. But the three Hardin schools and one LaRue school jointly hate E'town ... the one independent school of this group of five).

Honestly don't know. CAL comes closest. Different offense, but CAL offense is ball control.

But Elizabethtown coach Mark Brown is famous for his Wing-T, running, timing and misdirection teams. I doubt LaRue can scheme up anything he hasn't seen before.

Thanks. I know CAL won 24-9. I wonder how many possessions Etown had in that game? That is the beautiful part of that type of offense, being able to eat up clock and play keep away from the opposing offense. I know a lot of people don't like the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses but I think they are very sexy, lol. If you limit a team to a few possessions when they are used to having more, sometimes they will tighten up and let it affect them mentally.

I know Larue is not CAL, but if they can be patient on offense and move the chains methodically, they may be able to pull off something special. Maybe. Coach Brown is a great coach and I am a fan, but if your kids haven't faced that type of offense, it can be hard to prepare them for it, no matter how good your coach is. It used to be very familiar, but over the last 20 years nearly everybody has gotten away from that type of football. Probably fodder for another thread but I think that is a big part of Belfry and Johnson Central's playoff success.

On the flip side, LaRue County's schedule has not prepared them for Elizabethtown's dynamic offense, tough defense, depth, athleticism, senior leadership, coaching, crowd, turf and just pure hatred for the opponent at hand (Hart and Taylor aren't football rivals for LaRue like E'town is for LaRue. Hardin schools and LaRue hate each other. But the three Hardin schools and one LaRue school jointly hate E'town ... the one independent school of this group of five).

Larue's schedule has been soft, but from where they were last season to where they are now has been pretty dramatic. They may get shell shocked against the more talented Elizabethtown. I hope not, as I am on the Larue bandwagon. Either way, it is good to see them in the discussion.