1A Fairview at 1A Raceland .....thoughts / predictions

oldrambler

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raceland
    • Fairview

I don't think Fairview can score on our 1s. But our offense isn't exactly lighting ups score boards. This one plays out like Greenup, West Carter, and Valley, imo. Raceland has beaten everyone they should have beaten like a drum. But against better competition, have come up short all 3 times. Hopefully the Rams aren't looking past to Paintsville next week. We are no where near good enough to take anyone likely. All things considered...

Rams 35

Eagles 7

I hear what you're saying, 88, Raceland is hardly a well oiled machine on offense. But, I fully expect the Rams to throttle Fairview. The final score will likely come down to how soon Salmons pulls his starters and how well Raceland's 2's play against Fairview's 1's. The Fairview/Paintsville score only looked respectable because Chirico pulled his starters at halftime. This year's Rams remember what happened on that field two years ago. I don't look for a let down on Friday.

You've got to wonder about the future of Fairview football. They've got 31 players listed on this year's roster, 16 of whom are seniors. It's not like they're suddenly terrible on the field, but the numbers are dwindling. They're going to need a couple of decent sized classes coming up from the middle school ranks to stay afloat, I'm afraid.

I hear what you're saying, 88, Raceland is hardly a well oiled machine on offense. But, I fully expect the Rams to throttle Fairview. The final score will likely come down to how soon Salmons pulls his starters and how well Raceland's 2's play against Fairview's 1's. The Fairview/Paintsville score only looked respectable because Chirico pulled his starters at halftime. This year's Rams remember what happened on that field two years ago. I don't look for a let down on Friday.

You've got to wonder about the future of Fairview football. They've got 31 players listed on this year's roster, 16 of whom are seniors. It's not like they're suddenly terrible on the field, but the numbers are dwindling. They're going to need a couple of decent sized classes coming up from the middle school ranks to stay afloat, I'm afraid.

They have alot of tallent in the youth league. But not much in the way of the real feeder system.

Seems that some have a short memory on here. Not all of that long ago, Fairview came into Ram Stadium on a Senior night with Raceland a heavy favorite and beat the Rams. Raceland kids thought all they needed to do was show up and that's exactly what happened. ....Raceland just "showed up" and the Eagles came to Win. I hope these Rams don't do the same. Raceland has been burned through the pass and Fairview is capable of lighting up a scoreboard in a hurry.

Hopefully the week off will have given some bumps and bruises a chance to heal up and the Rams, after a couple of close losses to very good teams, will come in refreshed and ready to play