7.) Ben Toebbe - Beechwood

8.) A.J. Mayer - Covington Catholic

9.) Donnie Miller - Newport

10.) Brayden Runion - Cooper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid going to Xavier 6 comical ..... deserves to be 2 .

7 points per game and 7 rebounds per game last year and you think he should be higher? There's a bunch of kids in the 9th with those stats that you wouldn't even consider being top 10.

You have to look at last season's stats as your basis for how you rank them in a pre-season ranking. If he's averaging 20 and 15 (or better) at the end of the year then heck yeah he's top 2 or 3. However, going off of last years stats, I think 6th might be generous.

7 points per game and 7 rebounds per game last year and you think he should be higher? There's a bunch of kids in the 9th with those stats that you wouldn't even consider being top 10.

You have to look at last season's stats as your basis for how you rank them in a pre-season ranking. If he's averaging 20 and 15 (or better) at the end of the year then heck yeah he's top 2 or 3. However, going off of last years stats, I think 6th might be generous.

He also affected 14-20 points a game with his defense by blocking or altering shots . None of those other kids besides Fredericks was recruited at the same level Walter was. Fredericks is best player in state which affects Walters stats but stats do not tell the story how good someone is . All I know is we will come back to this thread in a couple months and we will see where he should be ranked.

Jake Walters signed with Xavier based on his potential, not where he is now. I am fine with him being number 6.

I would personally place Burries at the 3 spot.

Also, I think Dixie and Lloyd are over rated at those spots, with Boone County being underrated.

He also affected 14-20 points a game with his defense by blocking or altering shots . None of those other kids besides Fredericks was recruited at the same level Walter was. Fredericks is best player in state which affects Walters stats but stats do not tell the story how good someone is . All I know is we will come back to this thread in a couple months and we will see where he should be ranked.

Fredericks is #1 in the State?

I believe Mayer from Covington Catholic should be higher as well.

I have

Frederick

Walter

Kunkle

Burries

Mayer

Ruthsatz

Hall

Miller

Hollis

Harding

I also Have Newport 2nd ahead of Cooper .

Edited by Muskie