Danville 37 Somerset 26

I was wrong. (As usual)

I thought the game would be close at half and Danville would win by 17. Instead they were up by 21 at half and won by 11.

Vancleave is a bad man! Good luck the rest of the year! (unless we play again)

Danville is very good...Somerset made a good showing for themselves.

Two big runs by VanCleeve were too much to overcome for the Jumpers.

Somerest with 2 or 3 drives in the red zone and where Ads held them out really cost Somerset in the end.

But I take nothing away from Danville, they have a really good team.

Not sure what to take from this game.. On one hand, I think Danville showed it has a legit, top notch offense, because the Jumpers D has been holding some good teams to some low scoring totals.. On the other hand, the Ads give up 26 points and survived another couple of drives inside there red zone where Somerset didn't come away with any points. This same team has struggled to put points on the board against the other good teams on there schedule..

So what does this all mean? Not too sure, but, imo, the Ads offense is going to score points on about anyone else they're going to play, barring turnovers, but, I think they may struggle against a team like LCA who is probably the most balanced offensive team in 2a.. I could see that game having 90+ points with the one who has the ball last winning..

Ads will almost certainly be 9-0 for final showdown vs. LCA. Going to be an incredible game

Being paired with District 8 would almost assuredly mean Danville and LCA will also play in the regional final. If you're the Ads or the Eagles do you throw it all out in the regular season to get home field advantage or do you stay simple and keep some things up your sleeve for the playoffs?

Can someone confirm has Somerset had injuries that has held them back on offense. I heard this on the radio last night and was just wondering. I think the Ads have lost a little of their defensive focus lately but will be tuned in come LCA.

Danville is very good on defense.

Well I would have said that they had a really good defense but I think it is not as good as it was at the front of the season. That was Somersets 2nd highest scoring total of the year. Not sure LCA can stop Danville but not sure Danville can stop LCA after the last few weeks. I thought maybe the past couple of games were because of injuries but pretty sure everybody was back last night.

Can someone confirm has Somerset had injuries that has held them back on offense. I heard this on the radio last night and was just wondering. I think the Ads have lost a little of their defensive focus lately but will be tuned in come LCA.

I think everyone is banged up this time of year, some may have been slowed but I think most of the key players were playing last night. At least I didn't notice anyone missing. Was that the Danville broadcast or the Somerset broadcast?

They got a few people back last night but have had some season ending injuries throughout the year. Just getting more work in with those guys has helped id guess.

Ads have a good football team. Vancleave may be one of the fastest human beings on the planet. Jumpers did a good job with Donleavy, that was kind of expected since their interior 7 is really good but when vancleave got loose nobody was catching that kid.

Well I would have said that they had a really good defense but I think it is not as good as it was at the front of the season. That was Somersets 2nd highest scoring total of the year. Not sure LCA can stop Danville but not sure Danville can stop LCA after the last few weeks. I thought maybe the past couple of games were because of injuries but pretty sure everybody was back last night.

Their defense is just fine. It's hard to ask them to get stops when Somerset gets the back on the wrong side of the 50 over and over.

LCA's defense gave up 28 points to Middlesboro last week and no one said a word about it.

Their defense is just fine. It's hard to ask them to get stops when Somerset gets the back on the wrong side of the 50 over and over.

LCA's defense gave up 28 points to Middlesboro last week and no one said a word about it.

Like I said I don’t think either side can stop each other.

I've been at every Danville game this season, and I felt our defense was a little off last night. When 53 is back to full play with both hands, that will help. But they were off in general last night, lots of missed tackle opportunities that they wouldn't normally miss.

BUT they will be fine. This was the first game I've seen them like that, so I'm not worried. They are one of the best defenses I've seen for awhile at Danville.

LCA game should be a good one.