3.) Billy Michael Dyer - Monroe County

4.) Trey Jones - Bowling Green

5.) Jackson Harlan - Clinton County

6.) Jarius Key - Bowling Green

7.) Jacob Naylor - Russellville

8.) Brett Rippy - Allen County Scottsville

9.) Ty Mink - Monroe County

10.) Austin Rayno - Logan County

TOP 10 TEAMS (This is the list in the book but it is last years list)

1.) Bowling Green

2.) Franklin Simpson

3.) Russellville

4.) Clinton County

5.) Warren Central

6.) Monroe County

7.) Warren East

8.) Barren County

9.) Greenwood

10.) Glasgow

Considering these rankings are clearly a year old on the team side, I am going to give my personal opinion on team rankings.

1.) Bowling Green

2.) Barren County

3.) Warren Central

4.) Monroe County

5.) Glasgow

6.) Greenwood

7.) Logan County

8.) Warren East

9.) Russell County

10.) Russellville

I'm slightly biased, but I personally feel like the pieces are set up for Warren Central to take this one. It may be their last true shot for a while. Bowling Green has had a lot of turnover, including at the HC spot, and will be entering a more uncertain time than usual. Losing most starters is not a small thing, nor is losing D1 and D1 caliber athletes. They're still certainly talented, and they may still win the region, but it will be interesting to see how they do without Taylor, Kyran Jones, and Wilson, to say nothing of Harmon. I'm not certain what changes in height might have taken place over the summer, but Jarius Key was their only significant height from last year that returns. Kyran Jones and Taylor were both 6'6", and absolute bears to deal with all over the floor. (All that said, Clubb is a fantastic coach, and BG has been winning at all levels. They certainly can win.)

Central lost five seniors, but Moss was the only one of significant importance on the floor by the end (losing Milliken was crushing, but they went through that by Christmas). Potter is the best player in the region, and he has solid support around him. Size may be an issue for them down low, and a lot is going to depend on the talent development. Barren didn't lose much at all from a season ago, so they may have closed the gap as well. It'll be more interesting than most years of late.

I believe a sleeper team in all of this is Glasgow. They had 4 young starters all miss most of the season last year, and return point guard Kobe Brents who averaged 11.5. The biggest guy returning from injury is their QB in football 6'5 senior Dalvin Smith, and he can jump out of the gym. Glasgow is young and very talented and should have a chance in a down region.

• 1 month later...