Thursday Night Football?

ManOfTroy

Jefferson County schools are closed Friday/Monday/Tuesday. Most of the games involved Louisville teams. Some of the games out in the state have to do with fall break. Thursday night games the first week of October used to be very common because the first Friday was the statewide teachers union meeting but that trend seems to have died down.

Thursday night football is not Friday night football.

The atmosphere for the Friday night Brossart-Ludlow game a week ago was absolutely electric.

The atmosphere for the Thursday night Brossart-Bracken County game on Thursday this week, more closely duplicated a Radel' layout.

Our boys soccer team was in action tonight (Thursday) as were our Girls Volleyball team, equating to little or no student section.

Cooper at Boone was moved from Friday, Oct 13 to Thu, Oct 12. The reason is because fall break is next week. Problem is that we just found out today. There is no rule against playing on the Friday of fall break. We did it last year.

Aren't some northern Kentucky games moved around due to number of officials? I seem to recall reading that last year. I'm actually interested to see that game moved to Thursday. I'm on fall break and might make the trip up in my ever expanding effort to see a game at every stadium in Kentucky.

Logan County and Hopkinsville played tonight (Thursday) in Russellville. The stadium was full. Logan County has a two week fall break. The game was tonight so the players could basically have their fall break which is this week and next week.

Cooper at Boone was moved from Friday, Oct 13 to Thu, Oct 12. The reason is because fall break is next week. Problem is that we just found out today. There is no rule against playing on the Friday of fall break. We did it last year.

We knew of the change to Thursday night a month ago

Thursday night football is not Friday night football.

The atmosphere for the Friday night Brossart-Ludlow game a week ago was absolutely electric.

The atmosphere for the Thursday night Brossart-Bracken County game on Thursday this week, more closely duplicated a Radel' layout.

Our boys soccer team was in action tonight (Thursday) as were our Girls Volleyball team, equating to little or no student section.

I was disappointed in that too. Bracken had a middle school football game, but the high school had no conflicting events. Would have been fun if Brossart had a big section!

I think it’s good for the kids to get Friday off school and football. Those extra days are rare this time of year, so I’m ok with it one time for the kids to have a little break from the routine.

Right. I thought the rule only applied when it was because of snow. Teams play basketball during winter break and baseball during spring break all the time.