Bracken County 45 Bishop Brossart 26

Sorry no stats from me, just some generalities. BC had a great defensive plan against Brossart's aerial game. Teegarden pressed Donnelly at the line and Deaton rotated deep to his side. The Polar Bears line dominated both sides with Brossart's QB rarely able to throw without heavy pressure (too, many sacks for me to even guess). On offense, BC's power game was stellar with both Appleman and Fisher gaining big yardage. Kick returns by Teegarden kept Brossart defending a shortfield all night.

Bracken's lack of any semblance of a kicking game could be huge come playoff time. Failed to put up any points on 5 PATs and had a negative yardage punt before the game was put away. Kickoffs regularly gave favorable field position to Brossart without any decent returns.

3rd qtr steamrolling had a lot to do with Brossart's fumbles and interceptions. Of course, Bracken does earn a lot of credit for creating a hard hitting atmosphere that turned a tight first half deficit into their Senior Night blowout. Impressive District victory for the Polar Bears.

Just by going by the updates, this appeared to be complete Bracken County domination in the second half in all phases(except the often mentioned kicking game), but then who cares about field goals when you beat a team this bad. This to me was as big as Bracken's district clinching victory over Nicholas County last year, just because it was Bishop Brossart. Big night for PB football.

Edited by All In

Paris has to beat Brossart. If it's the other way around then it's a 3 way tie again.

After BB's back to back lopsided losses to Ludlow and BC, I don't see Paris having any trouble closing the deal. BB not the team I thought they were at the beginning of the season with returning starters Bezold,McDonald, Donnelly and others

^^ Bezold, McDonald and Donnelly are certainly not the major contributing factors to our recent demise, even though they would accept responsibility.

Giving up the "big play" and failure to make consistent tackles, or provide our quarterback ample time to function are at the forefront of our woes.

The past two weeks are disturbing to those of us who follow this football team. After shutting out district opponent Nicholas County, and being contentious against both Ludlow and Bracken County in the first half of both of those games, it is somewhat mystifying that we have done just the opposite in the second half in both contests, being outscored 53-13.

Things get no easier for this Mustangs team, as we get on the bus next Friday and head to Blanton Collier Stadium for a district seeding engagement with the red hot Paris Greyhounds, whose district title is theirs to win.

Hopefully, the Mustangs will right the ship, and throw the District 5 seeding race into turmoil, with a more Mustang-like effort.

^^ Bezold, McDonald and Donnelly are certainly not the major contributing factors to our recent demise, even though they would accept responsibility.

Giving up the "big play" and failure to make consistent tackles, or provide our quarterback ample time to function are at the forefront of our woes.

The past two weeks are disturbing to those of us who follow this football team. After shutting out district opponent Nicholas County, and being contentious against both Ludlow and Bracken County in the first half of both of those games, it is somewhat mystifying that we have done just the opposite in the second half in both contests, being outscored 53-13.

Things get no easier for this Mustangs team, as we get on the bus next Friday and head to Blanton Collier Stadium for a district seeding engagement with the red hot Paris Greyhounds, whose district title is theirs to win.

Hopefully, the Mustangs will right the ship, and throw the District 5 seeding race into turmoil, with a more Mustang-like effort.

It wouldn't surprise me none if it happen.

Where does the Berea situation come in to play? If it comes down to points and scores? They cancelled their game vs Nicholas and this weeks game as well. Paris is the only district team to play them I believe and won big.

If Paris wins next week it's a mute point. But if BB shocks the district and pulls out the W what happens then? Their will be all the rest of the district teams that won't get a chance and be shorted a game this season.

1Q - 2:54 - BC - Tad Fisher - 6 Yard Run (82 Drive) - 6-0

2Q - 9:29 - BB - Bradley Moore - 4 Yard Run - Duffy PAT - 7-6

2Q - 9:06 - BC - Trey Deaton - 32 Yard Run - 12-7

2Q - 5:26 - BB - Bradley Moore - 1 Yard Run - 13-12

2Q - 2:32 - BC - Tad Fisher - 40 Yard Pick 6 - 18-13

2Q - 2:10 - BB - Tyler MacDonald to Bryce Donnelly 58 Yard TD - 19-18

3Q - 11:47 - BC - Logan Teegarden - Kickoff Return 90 Yards - 24-19

3Q - 9:56 - BC - Tad Fisher - 7 Yard Run - 2Pt Conversion Good - 32-19

3Q - 7:32 - BC - Tad Fisher - 12 Yard Run - 38-19

4Q - 10:48 - BC - Griffin Appleman - 2 Yard Run - PAT Good - 45-19

4Q - 1:25 - BB - Tyler MacDonald - 4 Yard Run - PAT Good - 45-26

FINAL

Where does the Berea situation come in to play? If it comes down to points and scores? They cancelled their game vs Nicholas and this weeks game as well. Paris is the only district team to play them I believe and won big.

If Paris wins next week it's a mute point. But if BB shocks the district and pulls out the W what happens then? Their will be all the rest of the district teams that won't get a chance and be shorted a game this season.

My understanding is Berea a playing tonight— and they told the Polar Bears to come on down next week.

Seeding wise, one would assume they’ll be in 5th place.

As the district sits:

1.) Paris 2-0

2.)(tie) Bracken 1-1

Brossart 1-1

Nicholas 1-1

5.) Berea 0-2