Open Discussion Region 9 Tournament

Moving on from who dominated a regular season game, a topic which actually matters: Who will emerge as the winner of the most difficult region in NKY?

If district seeds were to hold (and that is a dangerous assumption) the participants with recent Maher rankings would be:

NDA (8), Holy Cross (66)

Dixie (19), St Henry (36)

Highlands (9), NCC (32)

Ryle (28), Conner (54) (based on regular season results, this district seems to be the most unpredictable with the 4 seed Boone (50) taking Conner and Ryle to PKs)

Who makes up the final 4 and then heads to state?

Probably the most wide open the region has been in years.

NDA, Dixie, Ryle, and St. Henry have all been fairly consistent. Looking at their results its easy to get a sense of what they are, any can win a couple games and whenever they get knocked out it will likely be by one goal or in Pks. I think the first 3 could win it all.

NCC and Highlands are harder to figure out. Highlands, has 3 of the 4 most impressive results (4-0 NCC, 4-1 Ryle and 1-0 loss to Sacred Heart who should be favored to win state). The most impressive result is probably NDA's 4-1 win over Highlands.

A lot of words to say I have no idea. My guess is there is a record number of games decided in OT or by PKs.

Highlands 1 NCC 0 means winners are ND, Highlands, St. Henry, Ryle drawing runner-ups NCC, Holy Cross, Dixie, Cooper.

I would think since you can't draw your own runner-up ND would get either NCC, Dixie, or Cooper. Highlands gets HC, Dixie, or Cooper. St. H gets, NCC, Cooper, or HC. Ryle gets NCC, Dixie, or HC.