Flu shots

TAC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started getting flu shots about 5 years ago. Had a little bit of a reaction the first one, but have had no issues since then. I've never had the flu, but as I get older, there's no sense in taking chances. My wife, on the other hand, actually used to work where they produced all the flu shots (my father in law was an engineer there), and she has never gotten one. She says since she knows how they are made and what goes in them, she'll never get one. She's never had the flu either.

Many of my aunts and uncles are on the vaccine conspiracy train, and refuse all vaccinations. But they believe in almost all the major conspiracy theories.

Strange story, My wife and kids always get them and Ive always skipped 3 years ago when My wife was pregnant with our 3rd child the Dr. Strongly suggested I got one So i did. I didnt have a reaction or anything BUT I noticed when I ate eggs My throat would feel like it was closing. I then went back to the Dr. to see what it could be she then sent me to an allergist and sure enough I was allergic to eggs (I've eaten eggs my whole life). When I went back to regular Dr. after the allergist to go over the results and what not she then informed me with an egg allergy I Shouldnt get the flu shot. I'm thinking whatever is in the flu shot caused the egg allergy to come out.

My wife and kids continue to get the flu shot but I was one and done.