Do you think Cam Newton insulted the woman reporter? Was it sexist?

Now iMO I would be shocked and think same thing if som ewoman came up to me and started discussing a cover 2 man under defense or started discussing how WRs run routes.

I would be shocked to know that they care.

I think all this is over blown.

Here is what was said.

The question came from Jourdan Rodrigue, who serves as the Panthers beat writer for the Charlotte Observer.

"I know you take a lot of pride in seeing your receivers play well," Rodrigue said. "Devin Funchess has really seemed to embrace the physicality of his routes and getting those extra yards, does that give you a little bit of enjoyment to see him kind of truck-sticking people out there?"

Newton responded to the question by smiling.

"It's funny to hear a female talk about routes like that," Newton said. "It's funny."

Cam Newton criticized for comment to female reporter | Fox News

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely a sexist answer. She was just doing her job. I'm sure he would be up in arms if the roles were reversed and she laughed at the black guy asking her a question.

I dont think it was a sexist answer. I bet he was just shocked a woman knew about route running. How many women know or care about route running?

I would be in shock if I was him.

I mean how many women is he around that talk to him about route running.

I dont think it was a sexist answer. I bet he was just shocked a woman knew about route running. How many women know or care about route running?

She's an NFL beat writer. He's an idiot if he doesn't think an NFL reporter knows about, you know, football.

That's ridiculous. It is estimated that 45% of NFL fans are women. He has to know that. If he doesn't, he's gonna learn today. I would hope Roger Goodell knows that percentage and has a little talk with Cam. I am not optimistic though and that's just another reason pro football is not on at the Compound this season.

She's a beat writer. Why would she not understand route running? If she was a reporter from Entertainment Tonight, then I might understand some surprise, but not a football writer.

Too many other more important things going on to focus on how Cam answers questions from anyone whether it be a female or male. Cam is very immature and should never be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Too many other more important things going on to focus on how Cam answers questions from anyone whether it be a female or male. Cam is very immature and should never be taken seriously under any circumstances.

In fact, I think he is a clown

It seems like an experienced NFL player would know that even if you have that thought, you don't say it out loud. Geez.

He should try the Crash Davis approach:

“Just trying to help the ballclub. Give it my best shot. And the good Lord willing, things will work out.”

I dont care what kind of writer she is or what.

If a woman came up to me and started asking me about route running I would be shocked. But I would also take it as heck yeah, she is a football fan for sure.

I dont care what they do to him, kick him out of the league.