College Football is better when?

GrantNKY

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In alphabetical order: Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, USC. These 7 schools reign supreme for me as far as I think it really helps the sport of college football when they are elite teams within the sport.

In alphabetical order: Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, USC. These 7 schools reign supreme for me as far as I think it really helps the sport of college football when they are elite teams within the sport.

I feel like you need a second school in the SEC to compete with Alabama to make College Football at it's best. I don't care who you choose out of Florida, LSU and Tennessee. But Alabama being able to walk all over the SEC is not when College Football is at it's best.

I really am getting tired of Alabama's reign though. Isn't it time for a passing of the torch??

I wish I could remember "The U". That had to be some fun football to watch. The most exciting college football that I have witnessed was the reggie bush/Vince Young years and then the Tebow years. Notre Dame hasn't been relevant in a long time so I really can't comment on how they impact the league.

Edited by StrongSide

Alabama, Notre Dame, & Ohio State.

I can't believe I just said Ohio State, but rooting for whomever plays them is a major interest of mine.

Best reply ever. And the fact is that CFB makes tons of money when those programs are good. TV, radio, merchandise etc. etc. If you want viewership, talk about Bama, OSU, or Notre Dame....fans will listen and watch

I've always found myself kind of bewildered by the "[fill in the blank sports league] is better off when [team x/y/z] is good" statement. Isn't any league better off when as many of their teams as possible are good?

I think it's more of just from a national engagement standpoint.