3 Favorite Tom Petty songs

Many of you already know but in case some of you didn't, I always thought this little tid bit was pretty cool.

When Johnny Cash joined American Recording and producer Rick Rubin the first album he did was just his voice and an acoustic guitar. The second album, American II: Unchained, included Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers as his studio backing band. Someone once called Unchained one of the best Heartbreakers Albums in history, it just had Johnny Cash as the lead singer. This all started as Tom Petty came in to play on a few tracks and ended up corralling the entire band to join him and Cash in recording the album.

It, of course, went on to win a Grammy that year.

Picking just 3 is the hardest part (see what I did there?), but while I do dig so many others too, I really like these 3 that haven't been mentioned yet, and while I was making a list that turned into 14 songs, these were the first three that came to mind.

1. I Need To Know

2. Refugee

3. Into the Great Wide Open

1) Learning to Fly

2)Wildflowers

3)Refugee

Very tough. Like said before, any list will be accurate. I was fortunate to work his concert in June at US Bank arena. The Heartbreakers tore it up. First saw them summer going into my senior year August 1999 at Riverbend. When someone mentions Tom Petty and the HeartBreakers it takes me back to my highschool years