Billy Hamilton loses another Stolen Base title

Guy can't catch a break (no pun intended) and loses the stolen base title again 60-59.

No one probably saw it but Winkler tried his best to help him out in the 9th inning with Reds leading 3-0 and Winkler on seconds and Hamilton on first with 2 outs.

Winkler tried to steal third but was thrown out and Reds appealed but the out call was held up and Hamilton did not get steal # 60 on the back end.

@UKMustangFan posted the following on Sept. 6th...

Outside of the young pitching some story lines to follow in the final 23 games....

- Votto needs 6 HRs and 7 RBI to get to 40 & 100. The RBI's should be a given, the HRs will be an interesting one to follow.

- Duvall needs 4 HRs and 8 RBI to get to 35 & 100. I assume he'll get there.

- Gennett needs 6 HRs and 15 RBI to get to 30 & 100. I'm guessing he comes up short on both, but you never know.

- Suarez needs 6 HR to get to 30. Can he do it?

- Billy needs 12 SB to get to 70....Will he get there? I say yes.

Looks like Votto's RBI's are the only thing that was achieved. Duvall 1 RBI shy, Scooter was 3 short.

Arbitration year for Billy, made $2.625 this year, Probably looking at what $4.2 or something this year, FA in 2020. Is he worth it?

Depends on where the Reds are in 2020. He is not worth FA money on the 2017 Reds but would be a great contributor on a contender that could use a defensive OF that can steal bases and run the bases.