Is the winner of UCF vs South Florida in the Playoff?

frankdracman23

You'd have to have at least 2 power 5 conference champs with 2 losses before anyone even starts the discussion and I don't see the winner of the SEC, B1G, Big 12, or ACC having 2 losses. Pac 12 is the only realistic shot. Who are you leaving out? You aren't leaving out Bama or Clemson. You aren't leaving out a B1G champ who will have 3 wins against top 10 teams (unless it's Wisconsin), and unless the Big 12 is so bad outside of TCU, Ok St, and OU common sense math tells you the winner will not have 2 losses. So again not possible.

Both could be undefeated when they meet on November 24. Is the winner in the 4 team playoff?

Playoff No, BCS bowl probably.

Also did you forget about San Diego St?

I can't envision any situation where they make the playoff. It does appear that it will come down to the AAC winner and San Diego State for the New Years Six bowl bid. I don't believe anyone from the MAC, C-USA, or Sun Belt will challenge. If the AAC winner is chosen I'd imagine they go to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl while San Diego State would likely go to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl.

There is no chance at a playoff spot for either. That would legitimize the G5 and there is no way the P5 will let that happen.

While USF does not play Memphis this season, they do host Houston on 10/28. UCF, who ran over Memphis last night, is at Navy in 2 weeks. We will know more about the American West division after that.

IMO, regardless of who represents the west in the American Championship Game, the USF/UCF game will be for the AAC Championship and a NY6 spot.

USF routing Illinois, UCF rolling over Maryland, and Northern Illinois beating Nebraska says little about the the B1G. There is a distinct line separating the top tier and bottom tier of that conference. Had those wins been over any of the top tier teams, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, or Wisconsin, the talk of a playoff spot would be more prevalent.

Houston over Arizona, San Diego State over Arizona State and Stanford, and Memphis over UCLA kind of makes a body wonder about the strength of the PAC-12, though. :)

Without a true playoff system, it's all speculation and perception anyway.

There is no chance at a playoff spot for either. That would legitimize the G5 and there is no way the P5 will let that happen.

While USF does not play Memphis this season, they do host Houston on 10/28. UCF, who ran over Memphis last night, is at Navy in 2 weeks. We will know more about the American West division after that.

IMO, regardless of who represents the west in the American Championship Game, the USF/UCF game will be for the AAC Championship and a NY6 spot.

USF routing Illinois, UCF rolling over Maryland, and Northern Illinois beating Nebraska says little about the the B1G. There is a distinct line separating the top tier and bottom tier of that conference. Had those wins been over any of the top tier teams, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, or Wisconsin, the talk of a playoff spot would be more prevalent.

Houston over Arizona, San Diego State over Arizona State and Stanford, and Memphis over UCLA kind of makes a body wonder about the strength of the PAC-12, though. :)

Without a true playoff system, it's all speculation and perception anyway.

Other than the SDSU win over Stanford, its the very best teams not in the power 5 beating below average power 5 teams. I'm not sure that tells us anything other than the bottom tier of every power 5 conference is mediocre.

I believe that South Florida has a chance to play in the Final Four if they go undefeated. They are already ranked and moving up. Some things have to happen but I think they have a chance.

Question: are you putting USF in over a 1 loss champ from any of the power 5's?