Great New Country Music Recommendation (maybe even Jim Schue might approve)

Oldbird

Jeremy Pinnell is a Northern Kentuckian who released a new album last month. I think I am a little obsessed with it. If you like country music (not the Country Girl Shake It For Me or the Huntin Fishin Lovin Every Minute of It kind) then give Jeremy a listen. The album is on Spotify. My favorite song is a Different Kind of Love, but I think they are all pretty good.

Yesterday on WNKU's final day, they squeezed Jeremy in twice on their final day play list (that list is also available on Spotify).

After honing his skills in the Cincinnati band "Elmwood" Ruston Kelly moved to Nashville to launch is solo career while also becoming engaged to award winning Country singer Kacey Musgraves.

Leaning more towards alt/country than maybe traditional, however I opine that alt/country often borrows more from traditional Country than does pop Country, in that it has a tendency of hanging closer to the root.

Here he is in his national TV debut just this past Monday night on Seth Meyers.

This tune "Black Magic" is from his EP "Halloween", released last fall, but is now gaining steam thanks to a ton of touring as of late, which has also landed him a warmup spot for an upcoming show with Jason Isbell in Lousiville in December.

First spotted Ruston a couple of summers ago headlining with a fantastic performance at the Bluegrass & Beer Music Fest on the Riverside in Bellevue, Ky and knew that I was hearing brilliance.

[video=youtube;hg0-jHaAdM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0-jHaAdM0

After honing his skills in the Cincinnati band "Elmwood" Ruston Kelly moved to Nashville to launch is solo career while also becoming engaged to award winning Country singer Kacey Musgraves.

Leaning more towards alt/country than maybe traditional, however I opine that alt/country often borrows more from traditional Country than does pop Country, in that it has a tendency of hanging closer to the root.

Here he is in his national TV debut just this past Monday night on Seth Meyers.

This tune "Black Magic" is from his EP "Halloween", released last fall, but is now gaining steam thanks to a ton of touring as of late, which has also landed him a warmup spot for an upcoming show with Jason Isbell in Lousiville in December.

First spotted Ruston a couple of summers ago headlining with a fantastic performance at the Bluegrass & Beer Music Fest on the Riverside in Bellevue, Ky and knew that I was hearing brilliance.

[video=youtube;hg0-jHaAdM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0-jHaAdM0

I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear more. For some reason the harmony sounds off, but this is live so..