Boyle vs Danville Middle school 9/28

Rebelstat

Looked like a few Bate fans were upset that Boyle played their starters to the final whistle. I wasn't there at all so not placing any blame in any way. Just read a few "passionate" posts on Facebook :lol2:

I can tell you what I know as I was there BC starters stayed in the game from start to finish. However, they scored 5 td in the first half 4 in the first quarter meaning that only scored twice after halftime. I wouldn't call that inappropriate especially given some of the things that were said to the Boyle players prior to the game. I am not saying that the BC didn't do talking of their own they may have and I dont know about it. I do know that BC is averaging over 50 points a game and several players were told no way they would get to 50 on bates defense. IMO from middle school and beyond there is no such thing as mercy so to speak there is a clock rule that should be sufficient to warrant starters staying in the game. With that said dont poke a team that is putting up over 50 points and only allowing 8 a game prior to playing them that is just good logic.

I can tell you what I know as I was there BC starters stayed in the game from start to finish. However, they scored 5 td in the first half 4 in the first quarter meaning that only scored twice after halftime. I wouldn't call that inappropriate especially given some of the things that were said to the Boyle players prior to the game. I am not saying that the BC didn't do talking of their own they may have and I dont know about it. I do know that BC is averaging over 50 points a game and several players were told no way they would get to 50 on bates defense. IMO from middle school and beyond there is no such thing as mercy so to speak there is a clock rule that should be sufficient to warrant starters staying in the game. With that said dont poke a team that is putting up over 50 points and only allowing 8 a game prior to playing them that is just good logic.

Like I said, I wasn't there and don't know any details other than I picked my daughter up after the game :lol2:

But I'll have to agree that it's never a good strategy to poke the bear.

Like I said, I wasn't there and don't know any details other than I picked my daughter up after the game :lol2:

But I'll have to agree that it's never a good strategy to poke the bear.

Yeah I know you were not there if you had been there we would have seen each other lol. I just wanted to speak on the situation as a whole and you helped give me a platform. In a rivalry you should never give other team any "bulletin board material" especially when one team is destroying the teams it is playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only playing starters in the 4th quarter when Bate had pulled all theirs but the on sides kick up by 35+ pretty uncalled for as well. No complaining from me, but i have been around a long time and those actions usually come back to bite you in the butt at some point.

Not only playing starters in the 4th quarter when Bate had pulled all theirs but the on sides kick up by 35+ pretty uncalled for as well. No complaining from me, but i have been around a long time and those actions usually come back to bite you in the butt at some point.

While I agree with you on the what goes around comes around the fact of the matter is Danville starters never left the game either. I have video of their starters taking the last offensive snap that they had and same with the defense. I would assume that this is because they have no b team due to numbers being down. I would also assume that Boyle wouldn't play there b team against an a team with the not wanting to risk injury to the b team that still had games left to be played. I can assure you that Boyle scored 5 times in the first half twice in the second if running up the score was the goal it would have been much worse but that is simply not the case here. In my opinion the team losing should be the first team to sub that show you acknowledge that the game is over and you concede victory to your opponent. Either way there was nothing malicious about this score of this game for that matter.

I have no problem with keeping your starters in, that's the way some people play. But I also have video that can show on Bates last two series on defense the majority of the kids that where on the field where not starters. I'm also sure with all the #s Boyle has playing there was several 8th graders that don't start that could have been on the field playing in the 4th quarter. Bate has 16 8th graders and several of those don't start and those where the ones that where getting a chance to play the last couple of series. Since there wasn't a B game some would think it might be a good time to get some of those 7th graders in a 40-0 game as well, but to each their own.