3A, Predict the Final 8

Watusi

Who will be the final 8 teams in the upcoming 2017 3A playoffs?

Keep in mind the playoff brackets will be as follows:

Region 1: District 1 vs District 2

Region 2: District 4 vs District 5

Region 3: District 3 vs District 6

Region 4: District 7 vs District 8

Nobody?

Little League football practice doesn't just happen, 2C...parents have to be there with their kids! :lol2:

My guess:

R1: Elizabethtown at Caldwell County (although I'm watching the Caldwell/Union game very closely tomorrow night)

R2: Lexington Catholic at Boyle County (I think Catholic wins comfortably at either Russell or Fleming)

R3: Belfry at Central (can't envision another situation)

R4: Casey County at Corbin (I think Casey is quite a bit better than Bell but we'll see; nobody in D7 is a contender; might go 0-4)

Little League football practice doesn't just happen, 2C...parents have to be there with their kids! :lol2:

My guess:

R1: Elizabethtown at Caldwell County (although I'm watching the Caldwell/Union game very closely tomorrow night)

R2: Lexington Catholic at Boyle County (I think Catholic wins comfortably at either Russell or Fleming)

R3: Belfry at Central (can't envision another situation)

R4: Casey County at Corbin (I think Casey is quite a bit better than Bell but we'll see; nobody in D7 is a contender; might go 0-4)

Russell & Fleming could legitimately not get out of the first round.

Garrard County looks to be the 4 seed from D4. Whoever is the 1 seed from D5 will have to play very well to win. The 2/3 matchup between Western Hills and whoever is not favorable either....and I am not 100% sold that WH will be the 3. It may be someone else "better" that them. Top to bottom D4 may be the best district on average in the state.

All of us in D5 may have plenty of time to hang treestands for gun season after the 1st round..........

I think, for the good of District 5, there needs to be a decisive winner tonight in Flatwoods. If Russell or Fleming can win impressively tonight, I'll feel better about our district winning a 1st round game this year.

I think, for the good of District 5, there needs to be a decisive winner tonight in Flatwoods. If Russell or Fleming can win impressively tonight, I'll feel better about our district winning a 1st round game this year.

While I get what you are saying, I'm also mindful that Western Hills has one playoff win in their history and Garrard County is 0-3 on the road this season. While discussion of whether the three and/or four seed from District 4 can win in the first round is probably reasonable, I still think both Fleming County and Russell would be favorites in those games, even if only slight.

While I get what you are saying, I'm also mindful that Western Hills has one playoff win in their history and Garrard County is 0-3 on the road this season. While discussion of whether the three and/or four seed from District 4 can win in the first round is probably reasonable, I still think both Fleming County and Russell would be favorites in those games, even if only slight.

Honestly my opinion is history doesn't mean much anymore with 6 classes that change every 2-4 years and an economy that has rocked eastern KY.

I got to see WH and Robinson in person. He is as good as I have seen. Absolute freak running back. Can and does control games on his own.

But you are right maybe D5 does win both home games. It is possible.....they get to play Boyle County and Lexington Catholic if they do............