A Little Good News

CincySportsFan

With everything that has been going on in the past week...heck, who am I kidding, there's something always going on...I'm reminded of an Anne Murray song from the early 80's. Basically, that with all the wrong that is going on with the world, it sure would be nice to hear a little good news every now and then.

I'm not burying my head in the sand and ignoring the problems going on. But, I think it would be nice to have a place to come to see that the world is not entirely evil and to be able to restore your faith in humanity. There are instances of that happening all the time, yet are not widely recognized. So feel free to post any stories that you feel fit that bill. (Please, please, please don't make this a political thread.)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-Year-Old Collects Stuffed Animals to Comfort Hurricane Victims

Peltier said she suggested to the 6-year-old that they pray for those struggling, but Jenna didn’t think that was enough.

“She said, ‘No, I want to donate some of my stuffed animals,’ before pausing and adding, ‘Do you think we could have people help us?’” Peltier said.

The mom began reaching out to local stores who agreed to donate, and on Sept. 23, Jenna held a toy drive, where she received hundreds of stuffed animals.

“We had a lot more people than we anticipated come help us out,” Peltier said. “Her entire bedroom is just full of stuffed animals now.”

Peltier said she is now reaching out to victim’s organizations in the hurricane-damaged areas to possibly provide comfort to people who have lost everything. They’ve called the initiative “Hugs After Hurricanes.”

With everything that has been going on in the past week...heck, who am I kidding, there's something always going on...I'm reminded of an Anne Murray song from the early 80's. Basically, that with all the wrong that is going on with the world, it sure would be nice to hear a little good news every now and then.

I'm not burying my head in the sand and ignoring the problems going on. But, I think it would be nice to have a place to come to see that the world is not entirely evil and to be able to restore your faith in humanity. There are instances of that happening all the time, yet are not widely recognized. So feel free to post any stories that you feel fit that bill. (Please, please, please don't make this a political thread.)

Having a brain cramp. What was the Anne Murray song?