Should Rick Pitino go to prison?

theguru

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what charges would that be? Wouldn't the AD be the one going to jail?

I am just a lay person asking.

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

You have a pretty long history in law enforcement. You start a thread asking if someone should go to jail. Then you can't actually say what charges they should go to jail for? C'mon now...

If he took a bribe, or if he took money from an agent and didn't report it, then sure, he absolutely should. I doubt he did either of those two things. This isn't about schools paying for players, it is about shoe companies paying kids' families to funnel them to a school, or it is about Agents paying assistants (who need the money) to influence their current players to sign with said agent when they declare for the draft.

I highly doubt Rick did anything illegal himself, so unless they want to build a conspiracy case against him, I can't imagine he'll join those facing federal charges.

None of the documents released yesterday had Pitino or any UofL assistant taking money from anyone or distributing it to anyone else.

At this time, I wouldn't be comfortable charging anyone at UofL with anything.