Rearview Mirror Hawaiian Leis

B-Ball-fan

Though it's nothing new, I can't exactly say when I began to notice them, but I've been trying to figure out just what the trend is all about with people having colorful flowering Hawaiian Leis hanging from their rearview mirrors in their cars?

I thought that perhaps they were scented... I'm not sure maybe they are.

I see them in abundance for sale at stores such as the

Dollar Tree, and though I have no real opinion about them one way or another, I haven't been able to discern just what they're all about, and how the trend came to be.

Has anyone noticed these, or know what the deal is with them?

I've been asleep at the wheel on this trend, and figured that maybe someone could enlighten me :idunno:

I always just chalked it up as one of those things that high school girls do because other high school girls do it. During my high school years at Cov Cath, if you went across the street and walked through the parking lot at Notre Dame Academy, you would be hard pressed to find a car that didn't have a Hawaiian lei hanging from the rear view mirror,

I always took it as part of the "girls like beaches" deal. Truthfully, I've never given it more than 14 seconds of thought, but as I did reading your post, it just hit me as girls like beaches, leis are associated with beaches, so onto the mirror they go.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I always took it as part of the "girls like beaches" deal. Truthfully, I've never given it more than 14 seconds of thought, but as I did reading your post, it just hit me as girls like beaches, leis are associated with beaches, so onto the mirror they go.

Girls like a lot of things; that doesn't mean they should be hanging those things from rear view mirrors! Unless they've been to Hawaii, I doubt many associate them with beaches...like my daughter, for instance. She just thinks they are cute.

Thanks to me, good luck now trying not to notice them everywhere you go. :laugh:

car-culture-maui.jpg