Chris Thompson's Value?

MJAlltheWay24

What do you think is Chris Thompson's value?

I have the first claim in our league (ours doesn't reset each week. Once you pick, you move to the back of the line). I am debating on using it on Chris Thompson, even though I don't really need another RB, but why not have depth? Ideally, I'd like to flip him into a WR by trading him or trading Ingram to get at least a WR 3, but maybe even a WR2.

1) So is Chris Thompson worth using the top waiver claim? I think so but curious what ya'll say.

2) What level of WR do you think I should look to get in a trade for him, if possible?

Current roster (non-PPR):

QB Wilson

QB Stafford

RB Gurley

RB Montgomery

RB McCaffrey

RB Ingram

RB Rawls

WR Evans

WR Baldwin

WR Marshall

WR Crowder

WR Agholor

TE Ertz

K Bryant

Miami D (dropping fro Thompson)

Packers D

Thompson is on fire and if your league is as thin at RB as the league's I am in I would add him. I am not sure about the trade. Every league is different. Often trades are more about the owners and less about the players. The league's I am in I think Thompson goes for a third tier WR.

You should be able to package Thompson and Ingram and get a decent WR2 or very low end WR1. But you'd have to do it while Thompson's value is hot AND convince whoever that Ingram is going to have a great second half of the season.

I don't think I want to move both. I need to keep at least one of those two in case someone gets hurt and my top two have the same bye week.

Thompson is on fire and if your league is as thin at RB as the league's I am in I would add him. I am not sure about the trade. Every league is different. Often trades are more about the owners and less about the players. The league's I am in I think Thompson goes for a third tier WR.

I think I have an offer on the table from an owner, giving me Chris Hogan for Thompson.

Thoughts?

I think I have an offer on the table from an owner, giving me Chris Hogan for Thompson.

Thoughts?

It's going to be a crapshoot at WR for the Patriots. You never know which one will be fantasy relevant. How often do you think you'd start Hogan over Marshall and Crowder? But then again, can't see you starting Thompson over Gurley, Montgomery or McCaffery either.

It's going to be a crapshoot at WR for the Patriots. You never know which one will be fantasy relevant. How often do you think you'd start Hogan over Marshall and Crowder? But then again, can't see you starting Thompson over Gurley, Montgomery or McCaffery either.

Yeah, it's tough. I am trying to strike while it's hot. Especially since I'm basically dropping a defense to grab Thompson. I just feel like I need a little more depth at the WR position. Crowder has been a total let down. Marshall showed a glimmer this week but he's sucked too. I'm trying to talk myself into feeling good about Hogan as a WR3, and I think I do.

Not sure I can get anything from other owners from looking at rosters.

I would play Hogan over Marshall and Crowder ever week.