How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

ManOfTroy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anybody personally that isn't watching the NFL because guys are kneeling? I don't.

I personally don't care if players stand, kneel, hang out in the lockerroom. I just care if my fantasy players beat their projections.

NFL ratings being down has more to do with the Red Zone, Cord Cutters, and people's teams being bad.

Does anyone know anybody personally that isn't watching the NFL because guys are kneeling? I don't.

I personally don't care if players stand, kneel, hang out in the lockerroom. I just care if my fantasy players beat their projections.

NFL ratings being down has more to do with the Red Zone, Cord Cutters, and people's teams being bad.

This. I know of quite a few people that have complained about it. Ask them if they're going to quit watching and they look at me like I've got two heads. :lol2:

Before it was just a player or two. This weekend it was an organized movement against the flag. I disagree with you, it will have an effect. We already saw a hero emerge in Chicago.

Before it was just a player or two. This weekend it was an organized movement against the flag. I disagree with you, it will have an effect. We already saw a hero emerge in Chicago.

Do you personally know someone that isn't watching NFL games anymore, specifically because of the protests?

Not because they are annoyed with Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Andy Dalton, but specifically because players in the NFL are kneeling (none of which are Bengals from what I understand).

And I agree about the Offensive Lineman for Pittsburgh.

Do you personally know someone that isn't watching NFL games anymore, specifically because of the protests?

Not because they are annoyed with Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Andy Dalton, but specifically because players in the NFL are kneeling (none of which are Bengals from what I understand).

And I agree about the Offensive Lineman for Pittsburgh.

Well just me. I am scaling back but it’s for many reasons. Getting older, better things to do, suffering Bengals fan. And I am one of the most pro military people you will ever speak with.

I will just try to enjoy my college football Saturday’s.

It was more an organized movement to show unity against a blowhard that attacked the entire league than it was against the flag. Either way, it's not going to hurt ratings in the slightest.

My Facebook feed had multiple people bashing the NFL and more than a few who said that they done with the NFL, they were going out on Sundays, and watching or playing golf.

I think as die-hard sports fans we tend to think that way (I think most people posting in here would qualify). You fail to realize that there are a lot of fans who don't have to live and die with their team or their fantasy stats. To think that the NFL has not turned away fans in the last year is crazy. Yesterday probably added to those numbers.