Mr. Kentucky AJ Mayer?

Reis Alex

There are a lot of great players this season in Kentucky which is awesome for our state. Is A.J. Mayer the best? Also because Coach Eviston has tremendous class with opponents and respects the score, it seems AJ has only really played 16 quarters out of a possible 24. Does this make a difference? What are his stats? I believe this young man is as good as it gets in Kentucky, so what do others think and who is in contention?

Edited by Gridiron Gorilla
name spelling

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that with the demise of the Ky Post and the N. Ky Enquirer, it will be much more difficult for a N.Ky player to get the statewide exposure to win the award. Signing with a big time program would have helped significantly. Winning State Championship would get him seen by more statewide voters. Does anyone know if we have any voters from NKy?

I have heard the same thing about it being difficult for a NKY player to win due to lack of exposure as well. This kid can play and certainly deserves consideration.

His cousin Luke Maile won Mr. Baseball without winning a State Baseball Title of course he was the Player of the Year three straight years in the Ninth Region in Baseball and went to Kentucky and I am not sure AJ has even played in 16 quarters so far this season.

His cousin Luke Maile won Mr. Baseball without winning a State Baseball Title of course he was the Player of the Year three straight years in the Ninth Region in Baseball and went to Kentucky and I am not sure AJ has even played in 16 quarters so far this season.

Mr. Baseball is NOT voted by media, though. Huge difference.