Beechwood wins The Kentucky Challenge at Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Crosley

Beechwood was undefeated in the tournament with wins over:

- McAdory High School (McCalla, AL)

- Bowling Green

- Page High School (Franklin, TN)

- Paul Lawrence Dunbar

- Harrison High School (Kennesaw, GA)

From what I understand, Harrison was undefeated coming into that final game.

There were quite a few Kentucky Teams in the tournament, including Ryle, Cooper, Scott, NCC, Southwestern, West Jessamine, Henry Clay, Dunbar, Tates Creek, Elizabethtown, Bowling Green, South Warren, and Lexington Catholic.

I have watched Cooper, Ryle, MND, Scott, NCC, Henry Clay, North Oldham, Oldham County, Lafayette and Tates Creek play this season and by far Beechwood was the most fundamentally sound team of them all. Beechwood is not an intimidating team but is so fundamentally sound and mentally tough it is hard to beat them. Our girls beat them in the first set and then lost 3 straight!! Beechwood doesn't get any respect.....right Rodney!!

I have watched Cooper, Ryle, MND, Scott, NCC, Henry Clay, North Oldham, Oldham County, Lafayette and Tates Creek play this season and by far Beechwood was the most fundamentally sound team of them all. Beechwood is not an intimidating team but is so fundamentally sound and mentally tough it is hard to beat them. Our girls beat them in the first set and then lost 3 straight!! Beechwood doesn't get any respect.....right Rodney!!

more fundamentally sound than MND? They are good, but not that good.

NDA is not the team of the Morgan Hentz era...I will never bet against NDA and I must correct myself as I meant NDA not MND (Cincinnati).

Most NDA supporters and parents on this site tend to act as though the current girls are equal to the Morgan days... Truth is she was a "once in a generation" player, and an impossible act to follow. NDA is still good. They have a great coaching staff. They have more talent on their roster than any other NKY HS, but they don't have a Morgan. No One Does. In my opinion they're beatable. Not sure I'd say that in years past with a straight face.